Sign in to follow this  
L

"Best 3 Years Review"

Hi All,

I read in the below link that Osgoode may do a best three years review of your grades if you scored above the 77th percentile on the LSAT and you are in the PROCESS of completing your 4 years. How would they take your best three full years if you have completed 3.5 years to date, and what does the undertaking of this review depend on ? Any thoughts!

Thanks again...!

Ok I AM AN IDIOT.. . I skipped over a key phrase there..... "upon receipt of your final grades!"

sorry for making that mistake everyone!

So for people like me who are just finishing up the undergrad in April, the best 3 years of review only help if you are in the second round of offers.

I believe so, but someone should e-mail Oz and let us know after winter break.

So for people like me who are just finishing up the undergrad in April, the best 3 years of review only help if you are in the second round of offers.

yes, they will calculate your best 3 years after they receive your final grades in April. Otherwise, how would they know what your best 3 years are without your final grades.

What do they mean by Total Credit Hours? I have finished my Hon. BA. ... how do I find out my total credit hours so that I can plug it into Osgoode's formula?

I think it's just the sum total of all the credits you have. You know how some courses are worth half a credit and a full year is worth 1 credit? Etc. Etc.

... but in the link above it says students must have a minimum of 120 total credit hours ... hmm... interesting because everyone applying with a 4-year Hon. B.A. would have 20 total credit hours if they did it like you are saying. I'm going to try e-mailing admissions.

I think it's just the sum total of all the credits you have. You know how some courses are worth half a credit and a full year is worth 1 credit? Etc. Etc.

... but in the link above it says students must have a minimum of 120 total credit hours ... hmm... interesting because everyone applying with a 4-year Hon. B.A. would have 20 total credit hours if they did it like you are saying. I'm going to try e-mailing admissions.

120 "credit hours" is the same as 40 half year courses. A course is typically 3 hours per week. I am not sure what the mystery is here.

So heres the question...if you already have a 4 yr. BA (assuming that equals 120 credits...or credit hours...) do they take the best 3 yrs, or the best 90 credits?

Like will they pull my worst 30 credits/five marks from multiple yrs? Or will they just pull my worst year (in my case, my first)?

It makes a difference for me because while my 1st year was definitely my worst, I do have a few bad marks in year 2, and a few 80s in 1st year...

I think it means the best three (full) academic school years. I'm just guessing but it seems a bit too good to be true for them to take your top 90 credit hours..that would skew everyone's assessed GPAs upwards by an incredible amount I would think.