Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MuniraN

Would I still get in?

Recommended Posts

Say with my current (yet horrid score), a school accepts me... but I've said I am now writing in February also.

 

Would they hold off until I am done, or would they send me an offer regardless of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the school takes the highest LSAT, and your current stats are good enough to get you admitted then they will send you an offer. If the school averages the LSAT marks, in this case they will wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
if the school takes the highest LSAT, and your current stats are good enough to get you admitted then they will send you an offer. If the school averages the LSAT marks, in this case they will wait.

 

This is incorrect.

Schools will mark your file incomplete and look at it when your score comes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is true in case of Uottawa, they will mark it as incomplete. However, if you finished your degree and the only thing left if your Feb LSAT and you are an acceptable candidate, you will be accepted before Feb. LSAT marks are released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhoWhere, I am going to have to go with sarahh on this one. I believe that almost every school will not touch your file until it is "complete" (which includes all LSATs that you have indicated you are writing).

 

I will concede that perhaps this has been the policy in the past and schools are more flexible now due to the fact that most take highest score. In the past, there was a possibilty of a candidates LSAT score going down, but now they may as well take a look, and if the stats are fine, then admit. Although I don't think this is generally the case.

 

Munira, you better make sure the schools you applied to know that you are taking Feb LSAT. You can't just spring a score on them. If you are rejected before they know you are taking the Feb, you will have problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.

 

I contacted OLSAS. They said they will notify all of the schools that I have applied to: I am still going to be contacting them myself to verify, however.

 

I guess this is why they recommend the test to be taken earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi:

 

What e-mail address are you guys using to contact OLSAS? I e-mailed them on Monday and still haven't received any response..... (It is regarding LSAT as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...