Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Predict-O-Matic For Ontario Law Schools

Well now that my LSAT is done, let's do a worst case scenario (or as some may call it, 'worst case ontario').

Say things went south Saturday. I felt just super average about the LSAT, not well not bad, but again let's assume this worst case ontario.

cGPA: 3.45

L2: 3.71
LSAT: 159

Western, Queen's, Osgoode (I know it's probably a no chance here), and Windsor.

Well now that my LSAT is done, let's do a worst case scenario (or as some may call it, 'worst case ontario').

Say things went south Saturday. I felt just super average about the LSAT, not well not bad, but again let's assume this worst case ontario.

cGPA: 3.45

L2: 3.71

LSAT: 159

Western, Queen's, Osgoode (I know it's probably a no chance here), and Windsor.

In at Queen's, borderline at Western (probably out), and borderine at Osgoode (depends on your ECs)

In at Queen's, borderline at Western (probably out), and borderine at Osgoode (depends on your ECs)

Really eh? I thought Osgoode would be harder than Western with that. My softs are better than most, ECs too which is relieving.

Well let's just hope I got 160+ hahaha.

Really eh? I thought Osgoode would be harder than Western with that. My softs are better than most, ECs too which is relieving.

Well let's just hope I got 160+ hahaha.

The distinction is just my opinion. Queen's seems to like a higher and consistent cGPA, Western seems to like a strong LSAT (159 is not particularly strong, an extra point or two would probably get you in later in the cycle), and Osgoode seems to like a combination of the two with extra emphasis on ECs (completely my own speculation). I know a few people at Osgoode with similar stats but a lower L2 or slightly higher cGPA, but I know a bunch of others that were rejected with the same or higher stats. It probably came down to their ECs and personal statement.

The distinction is just my opinion. Queen's seems to like a higher and consistent cGPA, Western seems to like a strong LSAT (159 is not particularly strong, an extra point or two would probably get you in later in the cycle), and Osgoode seems to like a combination of the two with extra emphasis on ECs (completely my own speculation). I know a few people at Osgoode with similar stats but a lower L2 or slightly higher cGPA, but I know a bunch of others that were rejected with the same or higher stats. It probably came down to their ECs and personal statement.

That's relieving to hear. I shouldn't over-speculate though, but I mean hearing about the people you know at Osgoode is nice.

Since were doing this now

CGPA: 3.23

Best 2: 3.3

Best 3: 3.23

Lsat: Last and Best timed preptest 75 was a 176 on the day before the real thing. 

Chances at Western, Osgoode and U of T?

Also im  thinking about t6 in the US im a black male Nigerian/Canadian so i figured i might have a decent chance at a good school in the states with my LSAT as a urm but this is the wrong thread for that lol. 

Edited by jswagbo

Lsat: Last and Best timed preptest 75 was a 176 on the day before the real thing.

Also im thinking about t6 in the US im a black male Nigerian/Canadian so i figured i might have a decent chance at a good school in the states with my LSAT as a urm but this is the wrong thread for that lol.

I would imagine you get in to both osgoode and western with a 176. For uoft? I'm not so sure.

Thank you! I'm redoing the LSAT in Dec. and am currently preptesting at 167-170 range. I have had a high leadership position at a large student club as well as some volunteer and summer work experiences in my field of study. If I do end up testing in that range in December, do you think Osgoode would be a nearly definite in (perhaps later in the cycle?) and would I potentially have a chance at UofT? 

Those two schools are fairly difficult to predict. A higher LSAT never hurts and will certainly improve your chances. But I think your GPA has the potential to hold you back (especially for UofT). They may take the difficulty of your program into consideration, depending on what your undergrad was in and where you did it.

Hi

stats are 2.9/3.4 (most likely will be a 3.5 at the end of december)/163

strong ec's according to reps from windsor law 

chances for ontario schools? (excluding osgoode and uoft for obvious reasons 

Hi

I'd focus on Lakehead and Windsor. You're out at Ottawa for sure and as L2 schools, you're likely out at Western and Queen's as well.

• Like 1

Hi

Yeaaaaah I'm with Specter on this one. Those stats are unlikely to get you into law school in Ontario at all, though Lakehead is new and might have lower standards, and Windsor is a bit of a black box / their admissions are less predictable.

Hey guys,

CGPA: 3.33

B2/L2: 3.66

LSAT: 163

If it's any help also, I had a 77.5% GPA, with an 84% L2

Thank you and good luck to everyone with your admissions!

Edit: Oops, I've applied to Calgary, Sask, Manitoba, Western, Queens, Oz, Ottawa, UNB, and Dal.

Edited by Radche

Hey guys,

CGPA: 3.33

B2/L2: 3.66

LSAT: 163

If it's any help also, I had a 77.5% GPA, with an 84% L2

Thank you and good luck to everyone with your admissions!

Edit: Oops, I've applied to Calgary, Sask, Manitoba, Western, Queens, Oz, Ottawa, UNB, and Dal.

I realize you posted this a few days ago, but since you never got a response:

In: Western, Queens, Dal

Maybe: Oz, Ottawa (they like higher GPA's but your numbers on a whole are solid)

No idea: Cal, Sask, Man, UNB- not as familiar without of province

Best of luck!

Hello hello,

cGPA: 2.95
L2/B2: 3.625
LSAT: writing in Dec and Feb (prep testing at 160-161)

Extracurricular: 3 year involvement on 3 different communities at University and outside, and good work experience from father's business.
Refs: 2 Good Reference Letters
Additional: Applying in Access Category because of Learning Disability and difficult domestic circumstances.
Applying to all 7 schools in Ontario.
Dream School: Osgoode and Western.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

Also im  thinking about t6 in the US im a black male Nigerian/Canadian so i figured i might have a decent chance at a good school in the states with my LSAT as a urm but this is the wrong thread for that lol. 

MAYBE in at Western, out at Osgoode and UT. If you are well off financially, you should definitely apply to the states. Your GPA will be higher once you convert it over to the American scale and since LSAT matters way more than GPA there, you'll have a really great chance at a T6 school. Being being a visible minority will also help. But in Canada your chances aren't looking so good unless you expand your options to schools like Windsor and Ottawa.

MAYBE in at Western, out at Osgoode and UT. If you are well off financially, you should definitely apply to the states. Your GPA will be higher once you convert it over to the American scale and since LSAT matters way more than GPA there, you'll have a really great chance at a T6 school. Being being a visible minority will also help. But in Canada your chances aren't looking so good unless you expand your options to schools like Windsor and Ottawa.

if he/she achieves a score of 170+ I don't see why he/she wouldn't get into osgoode or western, based on previous acceptance threads of course. Edited by LawyerBryant

I realize you posted this a few days ago, but since you never got a response:

In: Western, Queens, Dal

Maybe: Oz, Ottawa (they like higher GPA's but your numbers on a whole are solid)

No idea: Cal, Sask, Man, UNB- not as familiar without of province

Best of luck!

Hey, thank you for responding!

The whole reason I posted this was because I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get in anywhere. Thankfully, the general consensus (I started a thread asking the same thing) seems to be that I shouldn't have a ton to worry about!  Thanks again and good luck to you too if you're applying!

Im looking at the states now, but im not well of financially lol. Doing some more research i think i should be in at western with over a 170. Im gunna apply to the states probably, im a black male which is apparently the biggest Underrepresented Minority Boost, apparently very few black people score over a 170. So ill probably apply to like 10 schools in the t14 and see if i get significant scholarship money, if not ill head over to Western or take a year off while my 4th year grades raise my GPA and i get some work experience and maybe retake the LSAT. I decided not to apply to Osgoode after all, i dont think i would pick it over Western and if i got into Oz id probably get into Western too. 

• Like 1

Hey, thank you for responding!

The whole reason I posted this was because I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get in anywhere. Thankfully, the general consensus (I started a thread asking the same thing) seems to be that I shouldn't have a ton to worry about!  Thanks again and good luck to you too if you're applying!

I'm a 1L so I need luck for different reasons but thanks lol. And yes you'll be more than fine

• Like 1

Im looking at the states now, but im not well of financially lol. Doing some more research i think i should be in at western with over a 170. Im gunna apply to the states probably, im a black male which is apparently the biggest Underrepresented Minority Boost, apparently very few black people score over a 170. So ill probably apply to like 10 schools in the t14 and see if i get significant scholarship money, if not ill head over to Western or take a year off while my 4th year grades raise my GPA and i get some work experience and maybe retake the LSAT. I decided not to apply to Osgoode after all, i dont think i would pick it over Western and if i got into Oz id probably get into Western too. 

If you haven't already go post at TLS, you have a lot more options than the average canadian grad with a 175