Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Predict-O-Matic For Ontario Law Schools

cGPA - 3.84

B2 (Don't have 4th year yet) - 3.91

LSAT - 160

UofT, Osgoode, Queens, Western 

Out at UofT, likely in at the rest.

I'm quoting myself here and I know this is for Ontario schools but could anyone shed some light on my chances at top US schools (HYS) I'm assuming my GPA holds me back quite a bit.

You'd get better responses on TLS (http://top-law-schools.com). However based on your stats, i'd say unless you're a URM i.e., (Black, Mexican American, Native American or Puerto Rican)  you'd maybe be a WL-ding at Harvard. Yale and Stanford are harder to predict but they are not splitter friendly and care more about your GPA than Harvard so rejected from both of them as well.  However if you're a URM, you'd be in at Harvard, most likely rejected at Yale (even if you're a minority they like a high GPA, at least a 170 LSAT (which you have covered) and strong softs), not sure about Stanford. 

Edited by 902

CGPA: 3.5

L2: 3.9

LSAT: 162, contemplating on retake but fear that I will score lower or will only improve by a couple of points at best. Looking for advice on whether I should retake. Can I get into any schools with my current stats?  

I'm planning to apply to all Ontario schools  

Edited by rkat

I have a Masters of Science and my grad school marks are in the A+ range. 

Undergrad (in science):

cGPA- 2.95

L2-3.44

B2-3.44

I have not written the LSAT yet nor studied, did a diagnostic and scored 165, hoping after studying I can get in 170 range.

EC's fairly extensive: couple publications in science journals, student society exec's, international research, etc. 

Do I have any chance at all with such a low cGPA?

CGPA: 3.5

L2: 3.9

LSAT: 162, contemplating on retake but fear that I will score lower or will only improve by a couple of points at best. Looking for advice on whether I should retake. Can I get into any schools with my current stats?  

I'm planning to apply to all Ontario schools  

you should be in everywhere except UofT, unless you write a statement that blows the admissions committee off their feet. I have a friend who did this with lower stats (on the GPA end, identical LSAT). 

Hey all, 

I will be taking my first stab at the LSAT this Saturday, with minimal prep under my belt. I am already registered to re-write in December. 

I have applied to all of the Ontario Law schools, excluding Lakehead. 

CGPA: 3.51

Best 2: 3.6 (currently in my 4th year at UofT)

Expected LSAT: 156

Most stats I have looked at make me very skeptical about my chances. I have substantial WE + EC and very strong referees....will those help?

Thanks!

Hey all, 

I will be taking my first stab at the LSAT this Saturday, with minimal prep under my belt. I am already registered to re-write in December. 

I have applied to all of the Ontario Law schools, excluding Lakehead. 

CGPA: 3.51

Best 2: 3.6 (currently in my 4th year at UofT)

Expected LSAT: 156

Most stats I have looked at make me very skeptical about my chances. I have substantial WE + EC and very strong referees....will those help?

Thanks!

Why wouldn't you prepare for LSAT? With a 156 and 3.51 you won't get too many offers. Maybe Windsor will bite.... If your GPA was higher then Ottawa would potentially accept you with a mid 150 LSAT. EC often won't make up for poor stats. Sorry

cGPA: 3.91

B3: 3.94

B2: 3.97

LSAT: 162 diagnostic. Suppose 163-166 on the real thing. 

Supposing you score around where you're practicing at, you'll get in everywhere with the exception of U of T.  Even then, they'll probably give you some consideration on the basis of your grades, but it's unlikely you'd get admitted.  If that 162 should turn into 165+, you'll be admitted everywhere.

cGPA: 3.91

B3: 3.94

B2: 3.97

LSAT: 162 diagnostic. Suppose 163-166 on the real thing. 

If you are scoring at 162 on a diagnostic, you can probably score in the 170s with practice. Hell, if you are diligent and committed, you can probably score in the low to mid 170s and apply for harvard standford and yale. Tons of people score in the 145-150 range and can score around mid 160s for the actual LSAT, I'm sure a a 10-15 point jump isn't out of your league. I am sooo soo jealous of your diagnostic.

Any help on this?

Undergrad:

cGPA- 2.95

L2-3.44

B2-3.44

I have not written the LSAT yet nor studied, did a diagnostic and scored 165, hoping after studying I can get in 170 range.

EC's fairly extensive: couple publications in science journals, student society exec's, international research, etc. 

Any help on this?

Undergrad:

cGPA- 2.95

L2-3.44

B2-3.44

If you're saying you scored a 165 cold, then I would say with some preparation you could easily be scoring in the mid-170s with a few months of solid preparation.  That would obviously go a long way towards mitigating your lower grades, so that is where I'd start, perhaps along with considering schools that drop your worst credits.  Given a high enough LSAT, though, I wouldn't be surprised if you attracted some interest from one or more of the non-U of T schools, especially if you're a few years removed from undergrad.

I'm aiming for law schools in Ontario (Western, Windsor, Queen's, Osgoode, UofT, Ottawa) but hoping to stay in Toronto which is definitely a stretch. Here are my stats:

CGPA: 3.42
B3: 3.52
B2\L2: 3.65

LSAT: 163 

Chances? 

Edited by D11223

I'm aiming for law schools in Ontario (Western, Windsor, Queen's, Osgoode, UofT, Ottawa) but hoping to stay in Toronto which is definitely a stretch. Here are my stats:

CGPA: 3.42

B3: 3.52

B2\L2: 3.65

LSAT: 163 

Chances? 

I think your chances are pretty solid. 

My guess would be In: Western, Queens. You fall near the average cGPA/L2/LSAT for these two schools so you should be okay. (Ottawa maybe later on because they prefer slightly higher GPAs)

Maybe: Oz, Windsor (your stats are good for Windsor but they can be so fickle)

Out: UofT

I think your chances are pretty solid. 

My guess would be In: Western, Queens. You fall near the average cGPA/L2/LSAT for these two schools so you should be okay. (Ottawa maybe later on because they prefer slightly higher GPAs)

Maybe: Oz, Windsor (your stats are good for Windsor but they can be so fickle)

Out: UofT

Thank you! I'm redoing the LSAT in Dec. and am currently preptesting at 167-170 range. I have had a high leadership position at a large student club as well as some volunteer and summer work experiences in my field of study. If I do end up testing in that range in December, do you think Osgoode would be a nearly definite in (perhaps later in the cycle?) and would I potentially have a chance at UofT?