Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Predict-O-Matic For Ontario Law Schools

CGPA:3.84, B2: 3.95, L2: 3.80, LSAT - 160. For uottawa, osgoode, queen's

I'd say you're definitely in at Ottawa and have an excellent shot at Osgoode and Queens.  Median LSAT for the latter two has typically been 162+ or so in the past few cycles, so I wouldn't want to say you're guaranteed, but your stellar grades certainly tip the balance in your favour by quite a bit.

In would say in at all three

In at UOttawa and Queen's, strong chance at Osgoode (difficult to predict)

Posting on behalf of friend

3.01 cgpa

3.64 L2

3.83 last year

Hasnt done the LSAT yet, has been getting around 170 so she most probably will get around 165.

What are her chances at osgoode with diversity and explanation for a shitty year due to financial troubles mixed with extracirriculars?

And if not a good one, how could she strengthen her application. She has amazing work experience already so would a masters help?

Ask when she's written the LSAT

Next cycle:

cGPA: 3.42

L2: 3.7

LSAT: 169

Windsor

Western

Queens

Alberta

Calgary

Dal

In at all except Windsor, but strong chances at Windsor

170 LSAT cGPA 3.46 L2 - 3.49 for all schools in ontario plus UBC and U of C

In at most. Borderline at UofT, strong chances at Osgoode, I think your index for UBC is slightly below what they want (didn't actually do the math).

My June LSAT came out (third write).

LSAT: 166

GPA: 3.9

What are my chances at U of T and Osgoode? 

If my stats are fine, should I play it safe in my personal statement (i.e. be generic)? 

If my stats are fine, should I play it safe in my personal statement (i.e. be generic)? 

I'd say your chances at pretty good at both, but it might come down to your PS at UofT. I'm not saying that you're borderline at UofT, but I think its a good idea to start thinking about your PS now and not write a generic one. You've worked this hard already for competitive stats that a lot of people would kill to have and the PS isn't that much work (its like a short writing assignment). 

I don't think you should ever write a generic personal statement. It doesn't take very much effort to write a few lines about why you want to attend a particular school.

• Like 1

I don't know what you mean by play it safe. You aren't going to lose anything by writing a good PS. Actually, I don't see a reason why one would not want to write a good PS. 

• Like 2

Only if you're a generic person 

applying to western, queens, osgoode, ottawa, u of t

CGPA: 3.68, L2: 3.79, LSAT: 162

In everywhere but U of T.

• Like 1

Looking to reapply next cycle after an additional UG semester of senior courses unless accepted off the Windsor wait list. If i maintain my grades from my last 3 semesters I can boost by L2 substantially.

2.9 CGPA/ 3.5 L2/ 159,162,163 

Interested in 

-Western

-Windsor

-Queens (prob out I think)

-Cal

-Alberta 

-Tru

Hell...anywhere I can get it lol 

Writing LSAT in October. Trying to see what I need for my top schools. I obviously will aim high, but just trying to see what the minimum LSAT score I really need...

GPA: 3.97

Best 2 years: 3.98

Lots of extra circulars.

Top school choices:

Osgoode

Toronto

Queens

Western

Ottawa

Looking to reapply next cycle after an additional UG semester of senior courses unless accepted off the Windsor wait list. If i maintain my grades from my last 3 semesters I can boost by L2 substantially.

2.9 CGPA/ 3.5 L2/ 159,162,163 

Interested in 

-Western

-Windsor

-Queens (prob out I think)

-Cal

-Alberta 

-Tru

Hell...anywhere I can get it lol 

I would think out or WL at Western. No idea for Queens, Windsor, TRU.

Calgary is hard to predict. Alberta is borderline, imo. They average LSAT, so that hurts you. If you improve your L2, it would improve your chances.

You said anywhere - I think you'd have a good shot at USask. Your are above their average for both GPA & LSAT. U of M is also generous with drops in their GPA calculation, which could help you.

Edited by Cabaret

Applying to Western, Queens, Osgoode, Ottawa, Windsor, UofT (longshot), McGill, UBC

LSAT: 161, cGPA: 3.9

Pretty good ECs

Applying to Western, Queens, Osgoode, Ottawa, Windsor, UofT (longshot), McGill, UBC

Pretty good ECs

in at western queens osgoode ottawa, maybe not windsor because they know you'll get in elsewhere, maaaaybe UofT, i have no idea about mcgill, but i think you meet the index score for ubc

Pretty good ECs

In: Western, queens, Oz, Ottawa, Windsor (although they sometimes reject people with good stats)

Less likely: UBC and UT

McGill?? I'm not sure

Yet to sit the LSAT. 

Interested in: Western, Ottawa, Queens, UofT, and Osgoode.

CGPA: 3.52; L3: 3.78; L2/B2: 3.91. Masters: 3.9.

What kind of LSAT do I need for the above-mentioned schools? 

Yet to sit the LSAT. 

Interested in: Western, Ottawa, Queens, UofT, and Osgoode.

CGPA: 3.52; L3: 3.78; L2/B2: 3.91. Masters: 3.9.

What kind of LSAT do I need for the above-mentioned schools? 

160 for western ottawa queens, although i have friends with your CGPA who got in those schools with lower LSAT's, albeit late.

maybe the same LSAT for osgoode

163-164+ for UofT.