Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Predict-O-Matic For Ontario Law Schools

CGPA/B3, 3.9

LSAT:173

Schools I plan to attend : Uoft/Osgoode(Looking for scholarship chances @ osgoode)

EC's (Only have one interesting EC, directly volunteered under member of parliament)

Graduating with a 4 year degree in 3 years, will this affect me negatively?

You're in at both U of T/ Oz barring you write an egregious PS. Further, if you're interested in attending school in the U.S, although given the nature of your post I reckon you aren't, you could also take a crack at Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, ect..

Edited by 902

CGPA: 3.11

B2/L2: 3.27-3.3 depending where you calculate it.

EC: Work full-time in an administrative tribunal. Lots of volunteering - 2 organizations one in Youth Diversion Programs and another in Community Mediation.

LSAT - may be enrolling for October. 

Will likely be doing a chances thread lol.

Thanks. 

CGPA: 3.3 (with B3 and B2 slightly higher)

LSAT: 175

Would like to attend law school in Ontario.

I'd say definitely in at Western. Write a strong letter... And probably in at Queens too...and probably even U of T. That's a fantastic LSAT.

Check the admitted/rejected boards of the past few cycles for the schools you want to attend. Should give you an idea of where you stand. But at this point, just focus on your statement and I think you should be in at quite a few schools...

Definitely worth your while to apply widely. cGPA may give you trouble if it's a whole lot of B's and no A's, rather than 1 shitty year and three good ones.

With  LSAT around 160+/- Windsor / Thunderbay 

With 170+ possibly  Western/Queens

Ottawa, U of T out

Osgoode-hard to tell.

Meh, I got 3.2 cGPA/164 and in at Windsor, Ottawa, Western and waitlisted at Osgoode, UVic and asked to interview at Dal.  

3.83cgpa going into 4th year (my grades have been consistent for all 3 years)

No LSAT yet but I may be writing in October, if not I'll will write after I graduate. My top choice is Queens but of course I'll be applying to other Ontario schools.

Softs, nothing substantial working full-time during the summer for family's property management business, and part-time throughout school.

Edited by rocker20050

3.83cgpa going into 4th year (my grades have been consistent for all 3 years)

No LSAT yet but I may be writing in October, if not I'll will write after I graduate. My top choice is Queens but of course I'll be applying to other Ontario schools.

Softs, nothing substantial working full-time during the summer for family's property management business, and part-time throughout school.

160+ and in at every Ontario school (except maybe Lakehead and Windsor which are unpredictable) and U of T, for which you'll want a 167+ to be safe.

Curious though, why is Queens your top choice?

3.9 GPA and 174 LSAT, is it possible to get a full-ride or near full-ride from Osgoode, Queens or Western? I know UofT doesnt offer any scholarships but a full ride would definitely make me pick that specific school over UofT

ItsABare, please continue under your previous username. Thank you.

did an actual GPA calculation and found the following:

CGPA: 3.20   L2: 3.83   L3: 3.61   B2: 3.83   B3:

what LSAT do I need to get into UOttawa, if thats a possibility at all

3.95 CGPA/B3, 169 LSAT - Chances for Queen's, Oz, and most importantly, UofT? Also, chances of scholarships for Oz? Thanks in advance!

3.95 CGPA/B3, 169 LSAT - Chances for Queen's, Oz, and most importantly, UofT? Also, chances of scholarships for Oz? Thanks in advance!

Really? How can any of us here tell you anything other than that your chances look great, but cannot be certain (particularly for U of T)?

You're a lock for Queen's and Oz, and you're likely in at UofT (unless you write a terrible PS).

Really? How can any of us here tell you anything other than that your chances look great, but cannot be certain (particularly for U of T)?

Hey, thanks for the response. I'm sorry if I came off as disingenuous, but the reason I asked is because my head is all over the place after receiving my lsat score yesterday. I scored lower than my preptest average and I'm trying to decide if I should retest in order to: (1) improve my chances at admission to UofT and (2) improve my chances at a decent scholarship to Oz. Another worry is that if I re-test, I'll probably need to take one less course during the first semester of my 4th year because I'm also working and I'm a bit concerned about that hurting my chances of acceptance. Do you think you could speak to whether I should re-take based on those three concerns/considerations? (If it helps, my preptest average was between 172-173. It was also slightly higher the week before the test which was when I felt like I was starting to burn out.) I'd appreciate any advice you could give me!

You're a lock for Queen's and Oz, and you're likely in at UofT (unless you write a terrible PS).

Thank you for the response. Based on the information above in my response to Lawstudent1, do you think I should re-take? Thanks again in advance!

Edited by JDHopeful123

Thank you for the response. Based on the information above in my response to Lawstudent1, do you think I should re-take? Thanks again in advance!

Well, the median LSAT score for UofT's 2014-2015 First Year JD Class was 167, so I think a 169 would be more than fine.  The median GPA was 86.1% (~3.8), so again, you're in pretty good shape.  That said, I can't predict how competitive the applicant pool will be next cycle -- the medians may move up a bit.  Even if the applicant pool becomes stronger, I still think you'd be admitted, unless you don't have any ECs at all and/or you write a truly awful PS.

Frankly, although you have nothing to lose by rewriting (most schools, including UofT, take your highest LSAT score, so it probably wouldn't matter too much if for whatever reason you score a bit lower on a rewrite), I probably wouldn't bother unless you're absolutely positive that you under-performed.

Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that scholarships are not based on LSAT scores: they're based on GPA and financial need.  So, upping your LSAT score won't help you out there.

Edited by Rearden

Hey, thanks for the response. I'm sorry if I came off as disingenuous, but the reason I asked is because my head is all over the place after receiving my lsat score yesterday. I scored lower than my preptest average and I'm trying to decide if I should retest in order to: (1) improve my chances at admission to UofT and (2) improve my chances at a decent scholarship to Oz. Another worry is that if I re-test, I'll probably need to take one less course during the first semester of my 4th year because I'm also working and I'm a bit concerned about that hurting my chances of acceptance. Do you think you could speak to whether I should re-take based on those three concerns/considerations? (If it helps, my preptest average was between 172-173. It was also slightly higher the week before the test which was when I felt like I was starting to burn out.) I'd appreciate any advice you could give me!

A lot of people drop on actual test day from their practice test scores. You only dropped 3-4 points from your practice tests. Maybe getting a 173+ LSAT would seal the deal for U of T, but there's no assurance that you will get a higher score.

Curious also why you're only set on U of T, Oz and Queens?

Posting on behalf of friend

3.01 cgpa

3.64 L2

3.83 last year

Hasnt done the LSAT yet, has been getting around 170 so she most probably will get around 165.

What are her chances at osgoode with diversity and explanation for a shitty year due to financial troubles mixed with extracirriculars?

And if not a good one, how could she strengthen her application. She has amazing work experience already so would a masters help?