Posting on behalf of someone else.

Cgpa, 3.18, last two 3.43 Lsat 168

Western, Queens, Osgoode,

Edited by blamesubban
  • Like 1

50/50 with all of them, that GPA makes it really tenuous, but the LSAT is really good

Edited by Euphoria

172 LSAT 3.71 GPA

Is it worth retaking for U of T? I know my GPA is probably a bit below their median. Now that I've decided I'm staying in Canada it's hard to convince myself to retake.

172 LSAT 3.71 GPA

Is it worth retaking for U of T? I know my GPA is probably a bit below their median. Now that I've decided I'm staying in Canada it's hard to convince myself to retake.

I'm not sure you NEED to re-take for them...write a stellar PS and I think you'll be just fine =)

172 LSAT 3.71 GPA

I don't think it would be worth a retake, unless 172 was far below your median practice test score.

Your GPA isn't really that low.  If you can write a compelling PS, I think you'll have a good shot at UofT.

I have an almost identical cGPA and L2 to you, although a higher LSAT (173). My belief though is you're def in at Western since I got a very early offer from them and it'll be up to the rest of your app at Osgoode. I haven't heard back from Queens, but they order their files by cGPA so I'm not surprised.

• Like 1

172 LSAT 3.71 GPA

I have almost identical stats to yours (171 LSAT & 3.73 CGPA) and I got into U of T first round this year. I think you should be fine. 

• Like 1

Just wondering what my chances are for Western or Queens this cycle?

3.0/3/3 GPA

155, 165 LSAT (Dec 14, Feb 15)

Just wondering what my chances are for Western or Queens this cycle?

3.0/3/3 GPA

155, 165 LSAT (Dec 14, Feb 15)

Id say you have a shot at Western later in the cycle. Less of a chance at Queens because of GPA

Id say you have a shot at Western later in the cycle. Less of a chance at Queens because of GPA

I'd disagree. I think 3.0 - 3.3 might not be enough considering that previous years acceptance threads have very few accepted applicants with stats like this. Good luck anyway!

CGPA/B3, 3.9

LSAT:173

Schools I plan to attend : Uoft/Osgoode(Looking for scholarship chances @ osgoode)

EC's (Only have one interesting EC, directly volunteered under member of parliament)

Graduating with a 4 year degree in 3 years, will this affect me negatively?

CGPA/B3, 3.9

LSAT:173

Schools I plan to attend : Uoft/Osgoode(Looking for scholarship chances @ osgoode)

EC's (Only have one interesting EC, directly volunteered under member of parliament)

Graduating with a 4 year degree in 3 years, will this affect me negatively?

With those stats do you have to even ask?

And what planet are you from?

You'll probably get into both Osgoode and U of T. What's your top choice?

With those stats do you have to even ask?

And what planet are you from?

You'll probably get into both Osgoode and U of T. What's your top choice?

Osgoode+scholarship>Uoft>Osgoode no scholarship. I was asking the question more or less because of my strange predicament. Next year is my 3rd year(and when I plan to apply too) and I was wondering if completing my degree 1 year early due to fast-tracking would negatively affect me. Also, there is a slight chance I may not even reciever a 4 year degree, but a 3 year degree instead(Honours bachelor vs regular bachelor). Will this affect me heavily as well?

Also, there is a slight chance I may not even reciever a 4 year degree, but a 3 year degree instead(Honours bachelor vs regular bachelor). Will this affect me heavily as well?

However, prospective applicants should be aware that almost all of our students have completed a four-year degree.

Osgoode+scholarship>Uoft>Osgoode no scholarship. I was asking the question more or less because of my strange predicament. Next year is my 3rd year(and when I plan to apply too) and I was wondering if completing my degree 1 year early due to fast-tracking would negatively affect me. Also, there is a slight chance I may not even reciever a 4 year degree, but a 3 year degree instead(Honours bachelor vs regular bachelor). Will this affect me heavily as well?

I have the same (or similar) situation as you by fast-tracking through the summers.

No, fast-tracking will not be viewed negatively. However, considering UofT only looks at fall-winter terms, you may have fewer grades available to be assessed. If you grades are otherwise strong, it shouldn't influence the decision or the time of decision.

When I emailed both Osgoode and UofT about this issue, they say that you should (or highly recommend that you) explicitly state in your personal statement that what you have is in fact a 4-year degree that was (or will be) completed in 3-years (not just a 3-year degree and you are not in your third year by credit count). Neither said that you should justify why you did that, but providing a brief explanation won't hurt.

If you receive an offer, it won't matter what degree you'll have before you start law school. Both schools offered me admission with no conditions for the completion of program/degree. When I applied, my stats were lower than yours (3.95/165), so you should be fine.

Edit: And it also won't influence your scholarship chances at Osgoode (I received one in January). Not sure about scholarships at UofT since there are so few of those.

Edited by dwfli

I have the same (or similar) situation as you by fast-tracking through the summers.

No, fast-tracking will not be viewed negatively. However, considering UofT only looks at fall-winter terms, you may have fewer grades available to be assessed. If you grades are otherwise strong, it shouldn't influence the decision or the time of decision.

When I emailed both Osgoode and UofT about this issue, they say that you should (or highly recommend that you) explicitly state in your personal statement that what you have is in fact a 4-year degree that was (or will be) completed in 3-years (not just a 3-year degree and you are not in your third year by credit count). Neither said that you should justify why you did that, but providing a brief explanation won't hurt.

If you receive an offer, it won't matter what degree you'll have before you start law school. Both schools offered me admission with no conditions for the completion of program/degree. When I applied, my stats were lower than yours (3.95/165), so you should be fine.

Edit: And it also won't influence your scholarship chances at Osgoode (I received one in January). Not sure about scholarships at UofT since there are so few of those.

Not banking on scholarship at UofT, fin aid should be enough considering im dead broke ;(.

Hi friends, what are my chances for all schools in Ontario?

CGPA: 3.2 (rough first year in engineering - changed program in second year)
L2: 3.73

B2: 3.76
LSAT: 155, 161
IMO great EC's pertaining to the field of law, won competitions, diversity considerations, worked part-time throughout undergrad

Give it to me straight. Thank you!

LSAT 163

CGPA 3.35

B2/L2 3.725

Weak EC's

Hopefully this wont impact my chances of admission but I took only 9 courses in my third year. 2 third years, 6 second years and 1 first year. I decided to puruse a philo minor in my 3rd and 4th year which explains why I took a 100 level intro to philosphy course and a handful of 200 level courses. 

In my last year I took 11 courses that were all philo or poly sci (my major); 4 third years, 3 fourth years and 4 second year courses.

I know it would all be specualtion but does anyone know if what may be percieved as an easy third year course load will effect my chances of admission, particularly at schools like western.

It should be noted that I had no intention of taking what may be considered an 'easy' course load.

Ottawa

Western

Queens

Osgoode

Windsor

Edited by victoryrock

Hi friends, what are my chances for all schools in Ontario?

CGPA: 3.2 (rough first year in engineering - changed program in second year)

L2: 3.73

B2: 3.76

LSAT: 155, 161

IMO great EC's pertaining to the field of law, won competitions, diversity considerations, worked part-time throughout undergrad

Give it to me straight. Thank you!

Slim or out Osgoode and UT. 50/50 at Western and Queens. Not sure about Ottawa, since it emphasizes cGPA.

Edited by dwfli

LSAT 163

CGPA 3.35

B2/L2 3.725

Weak EC's

Hopefully this wont impact my chances of admission but I took only 9 courses in my third year. 2 third years, 6 second years and 1 first year. I decided to puruse a philo minor in my 3rd and 4th year which explains why I took a 100 level intro to philosphy course and a handful of 200 level courses. 

In my last year I took 11 courses that were all philo or poly sci (my major); 4 third years, 3 fourth years and 4 second year courses.

I know it would all be specualtion but does anyone know if what may be percieved as an easy third year course load will effect my chances of admission, particularly at schools like western.

It should be noted that I had no intention of taking what may be considered an 'easy' course load.

Ottawa

Western

Queens

Osgoode

Windsor

The levels of your courses won't matter. To meet my degree requirements I took a bunch of first and second year courses in my upper years. Got into all the schools you plan on applying to (didn't apply to Windsor). You're in at Western and Queens. Osgoode is unlikely due to lack of ECs. Windsor and Ottawa are unpredictable.