169 LSAT

In: Everywhere!!! :D

Hi

3.01 cgpa U of T poli sci undergrad

L2 about the same

Msc Development Economics University of Glasgow

graduated with distinction - 84 average

169 LSAT

Well, your 169 LSAT will help you, but the fact that you did well in your graduate studies will likely only serve as a positive soft factor at most schools.

I think you've got a good chance at Windsor.

Your cGPA makes both Ottawa and Osgoode a stretch (they both like to see high cGPAs in undergrad).

Western likes their LSAT, but your low L2 will likely hurt your chances there.  Similarly, given your low cGPA and L2, I don't think you have a great shot at Queen's.

Unless you wrote an extremely compelling PS and have extraordinary ECs, it's very unlikely that you will get into UofT.

Hi

3.01 cgpa U of T poli sci undergrad

L2 about the same

Msc Development Economics University of Glasgow

graduated with distinction - 84 average

169 LSAT

Since you are a splitter we cannot predict your chances accurately here. I've seen people with your stats even get into schools like U of T. It's going to come down to your personal statement, extracurriculars/ autobiographical sketch and other soft/ compelling factors. Apply broadly to schools you would want to go to and play the waiting game. You'll get in somewhere with that LSAT score and a good soft factor as the Masters degree.

Accidentally posted this as a reply, sorry for the repost!

Trying and failing to live my life under the dark cloud of zero acceptances thus far.

At this point, I would love to rip the metaphorical bandaid off, so if you guys wouldn't mind giving me some clarity with respective to my competitiveness, I might be able to get some sleep tonight.

GPA: 3.1

LSAT: 163

B2: probably around the 3.7 mark (still finishing undergrad)

Applied to:

Osgoode

Western

Queens

Windsor

So far I haven't heard back from any.

Accidentally posted this as a reply, sorry for the repost!

Trying and failing to live my life under the dark cloud of zero acceptances thus far.

At this point, I would love to rip the metaphorical bandaid off, so if you guys wouldn't mind giving me some clarity with respective to my competitiveness, I might be able to get some sleep tonight.

GPA: 3.1

LSAT: 163

B2: probably around the 3.7 mark (still finishing undergrad)

Applied to:

Osgoode

Western

Queens

Windsor

So far I haven't heard back from any.

I would be surprised if you aren't in at Western. Slightly less likely at Queens but still a good chance.

Probably out at Osgoode.

Winsdor, who knows? Would need to know more about EC's etc. 

I would be surprised if you aren't in at Western. Slightly less likely at Queens but still a good chance.

Probably out at Osgoode.

Winsdor, who knows? Would need to know more about EC's etc. 

My EC's are fairly week: there is one non-profit that I have been affiliated with since high school that I volunteer for frequently, and even sit on their Special Events Board, as well as a couple small scale community projects that I have been involved with in my home town. Other than that I haven't been involved with any campus organizations. 

I have always worked part-time though, and I've been fortunate to have held a number of good jobs pertaining to my undergraduate studies, political science, in constituency offices for Councillors and MP's, and on multiple political campaigns (sometimes as a paid staffer and others as a volunteer).

I'm just nervous that I haven't heard anything yet, and I was kind of under the assumption that majority of the offers had been sent already (although I could be/hope I am wrong). 

My EC's are fairly week: there is one non-profit that I have been affiliated with since high school that I volunteer for frequently, and even sit on their Special Events Board, as well as a couple small scale community projects that I have been involved with in my home town. Other than that I haven't been involved with any campus organizations. 

I have always worked part-time though, and I've been fortunate to have held a number of good jobs pertaining to my undergraduate studies, political science, in constituency offices for Councillors and MP's, and on multiple political campaigns (sometimes as a paid staffer and others as a volunteer).

I'm just nervous that I haven't heard anything yet, and I was kind of under the assumption that majority of the offers had been sent already (although I could be/hope I am wrong). 

There are a lot of people out there who are holding multiple offers from Ontario schools and will have to provisionally accept one, decline the rest, of them by April 1st. You should see some movement then. Good luck! I think you'll come out fine. 

There are a lot of people out there who are holding multiple offers from Ontario schools and will have to provisionally accept one, decline the rest, of them by April 1st. You should see some movement then. Good luck! I think you'll come out fine. 

Thanks so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. 

I was under the assumption that if I didn't hear anything prior to April the odds were not in my favour, but its really nice to know that theres still hope. 

Okey what do folks think?

GPA: 3.21

L2: 3.40

LSAT: 172

Applied to UofT, Osgoode, UBC

What's your index score for UBC? You still haven't heard from U of T? I think you should've applied more broadly.

Okey what do folks think?

GPA: 3.21

L2: 3.40

LSAT: 172

Applied to UofT, Osgoode, UBC

No one really seems to know much with splitters. Doesn't UBC have an index formula though that will give you a pretty good idea? You maybe should have applied slightly more broadly, but as I said splitters are always a mystery.

What's your index score for UBC? You still haven't heard from U of T? I think you should've applied more broadly.

Yea sorry should have mentioned - I've only heard from U of T (rejection).  Assuming my GPA % is 78 - which I'm unsure about how to determine exactly - I get an index of 91.64 from UBC.

Edited by marlborough

Yea sorry should have mentioned - I've only heard from U of T (rejection).  Assuming my GPA % is 78 - which I'm unsure about how to determine exactly - I get an index of 91.64 from UBC.

Oh man, it's tough because I think the cutoff for the UBC index is higher this year. Osgoode really values their cGPA too. All you can do is wait it out, but if you had applied to schools that focused on your last 2 years, along with your amazing LSAT score, you would've definitely got in.

Oh man, it's tough because I think the cutoff for the UBC index is higher this year. Osgoode really values their cGPA too. All you can do is wait it out, but if you had applied to schools that focused on your last 2 years, along with your amazing LSAT score, you would've definitely got in.

Agreed. I think a school like Western would have been a pretty sure bet for someone with Mal's stats... As someone mentioned, Osgoode prefers their cGPA so it's hard to make a call. I've seen similar stats in both the accepted and rejected threads... I think it will boil down to EC and the personal statement

Ugh that's too bad.  Thanks for the info folks.  I just found out I'm waitlisted at UBC.  I thought I was going to be in there for sure!

I'm kicking my past self.

I re-checked my average and then recaculated my index.  Looks like without drops it is 91.16, with it's 91.72.

Also, sorry for derailing away from Ontario schools.

Edited by marlborough

CGPA 3.56

L2 3.7

Queens

Western 

Windsor

Osgoode

Ottawa

Have basically your numbers (3.61cgpa, 3.73L2, and a 164) and have not heard back from either Queens, Oz, or Western this cycle.

What are the chances I could get into Western or Queen's this cycle? I know Ottawa is probably a stretch at this point

cGPA: 3.22

L2: 3.35

LSAT: 166

diversity considerations, average softs, lots of work experience (many years with multiple part time jobs at a time and school full time)

What are the chances I could get into Western or Queen's this cycle? I know Ottawa is probably a stretch at this point

cGPA: 3.22

L2: 3.35

LSAT: 166

diversity considerations, average softs, lots of work experience (many years with multiple part time jobs at a time and school full time)

Slim at both. Maybe a bit better at Western than Queens, but still not optimal.

Have basically your numbers (3.61cgpa, 3.73L2, and a 164) and have not heard back from either Queens, Oz, or Western this cycle.

Now have been accepted to Queens