Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Predict-O-Matic For Ontario Law Schools

I want to make sure I understand what you're saying fully

in your opinion am I out at all three of Osgoode, Western, and Queens?

Or out at Osgoode while Western and Queens is a maybe?

I may be reading to much into a comma here. 

Thanks for the response. 

As it stands you're probably in at Ottawa (CPGA heavy school) and Windsor, chances at Queens, Western and Oz are not great, that LSAT score is really holding you back. Don't waste that CPGA, IMHO should re-write (try to hit at least 160) and apply again next cycle if you want to get into Oz, Western or Queen's. 

Edited by 902

I want to make sure I understand what you're saying fully

in your opinion am I out at all three of Osgoode, Western, and Queens?

Or out at Osgoode while Western and Queens is a maybe?

I may be reading to much into a comma here. 

Thanks for the response. 

Ah, the issue of the lack of oxford comma! yes, that poster means you are out at all three ...

Also, sick cgpa! If you re-write in June or October and can get a 160+, you'd be in at most schools (I think). Depends on how things go for you this term =) 

All the best!

And it's hard to tell definitively who is in or out, as evidenced by accepted/rejected threads. I mean, one can have an idea, but it's hard to say for certain! 

Edited by NotGivingUp

cGPA: 3.03 (one really rough year b/c extensive student government and part-time job)

L2: 3.5

LSAT: 160

ECs: student government, part-time work, club founder, captain of academic team, 1yr full-time work, research assistant, award winner for university involvement

Program: Honours program

Applied to:

York

Western
Queens

Windsor

cGPA: 3.03 (one really rough year b/c extensive student government and part-time job)

L2: 3.5

LSAT: 160

ECs: student government, part-time work, club founder, captain of academic team, 1yr full-time work, research assistant, award winner for university involvement

Program: Honours program

Applied to:

York

Western

Queens

Windsor

Slim Osgoode. Maybe Western and Queen's. Probably in at Windsor.

In quickly at Osgoode. 50/50 at U of T - just a few more LSAT points on a rewrite would put you in a much stronger position there.

I really want to get in U of T. It's a real bummer that I scored a few points below their LSAT median. Does it help if I'm a U of T undergrad? I heard that they consider school difficulty as well. 

I really want to get in U of T. It's a real bummer that I scored a few points below their LSAT median. Does it help if I'm a U of T undergrad? I heard that they consider school difficulty as well. 

Not "3-4 additional LSAT points" help, I don't think. A strong PS would. But there is nothing to lose with a June or October rewrite. 

Edited by Sophia

Hey just got my BA from McGill and thinking about studying for the LSAT through Kaplan.

What are my chances to get into the following schools - Queen's (really want to go here), Western, Dalhousie, Ottawa, U of Calgary, and UBC.

GPA - 3.23

Last 2 - 3.65

Pretty much no extracurriculars and softs on my end. I volunteered at a student bar for a year. Made the Dean's Honour List in my last full year of study.  I'll have 5 months of working experience with RBC Wealth Management since graduating in December.

What LSAT score would I need for these schools?

EDIT:  Forgot this was a predict-o-matic for only Ontario law schools.

Edited by Chase07

Not "3-4 additional LSAT points" help, I don't think. A strong PS would. But there is nothing to lose with a June or October rewrite. 

Thanks. So the bottom line is that I got to stfu and try harder for the June LSAT. I'll heed this advice. 

Thanks. So the bottom line is that I got to stfu and try harder for the June LSAT. I'll heed this advice. 

Hah, just keep going. Think of it this way, the harder you work now, the more comfortable you will be when you submit your application in the fall. (Also, you could very well get into U of T with your current stats). 

Hey just got my BA from McGill and thinking about studying for the LSAT through Kaplan.

What are my chances to get into the following schools - Queen's (really want to go here), Western, Dalhousie, Ottawa, U of Calgary, and UBC.

GPA - 3.23

Last 2 - 3.65

Pretty much no extracurriculars and softs on my end. I volunteered at a student bar for a year. Made the Dean's Honour List in my last full year of study.  I'll have 5 months of working experience with RBC Wealth Management since graduating in December.

What LSAT score would I need for these schools?

EDIT:  Forgot this was a predict-o-matic for only Ontario law schools.

161-163 for Queen's and Western. UBC uses an index formula so use that to estimate the LSAT required.

In first year of the Ivey business school at Western. I could probably get into the dual degree and go to Western next year but I want to finish Ivey and then try for a Toronto Law School. It's a risky move but I think I would do much better living at home and going to Osgoode or U of T then doing the Ivey/Law dual program while all my friends are in their fourth year. 

cGPA: 3.6

Last 2: 3.65

LSAT:168

EC's: Will be president of one of the largest fraternities on campus, working at a mutual fund this summer, ran my own business for two years at school (hockey league with 200 players) and about to do Osgoode cup and could be on the executive of the Ivey law club next year. 

My GPA in fourth year will be above 3.7 but I don't know how they take fourth year marks into account when you apply. 

In first year of the Ivey business school at Western. I could probably get into the dual degree and go to Western next year but I want to finish Ivey and then try for a Toronto Law School. It's a risky move but I think I would do much better living at home and going to Osgoode or U of T then doing the Ivey/Law dual program while all my friends are in their fourth year. 

EC's: Will be president of one of the largest fraternities on campus, working at a mutual fund this summer, ran my own business for two years at school (hockey league with 200 players) and about to do Osgoode cup and could be on the executive of the Ivey law club next year. 

My GPA in fourth year will be above 3.7 but I don't know how they take fourth year marks into account when you apply. 

In at all except U of T, which you have a chance for but they look at your Best 3 years. You'll definitely get into Osgoode and if you just want to stay in Toronto, I would rest easy.

You're in your third year?  How are you so sure of your GPA next year?

You're in your third year?  How are you so sure of your GPA next year?

Probably because of Ivey's curve.

If your stats are otherwise enough for acceptance, your 4th year grades won't be viewed. Many offers are sent out before Fall marks come out. If not, admissions may wait until your 4th year Fall semester marks are in to consider/reconsider you.

CGPA: 3.64

L2: 3.75

LSAT: 156, 158

Applied:

Windsor (currently waitlisted based on 156 LSAT score)

Ottawa

Western

Queens

Osgoode

Thanks!

CGPA: 3.64

L2: 3.75

LSAT: 156, 158

Applied:

Windsor (currently waitlisted based on 156 LSAT score)

Ottawa

Western

Queens

Osgoode

Thanks!

In-Ottawa

Out at Osgoode, Western

Maybe-Queens

CGPA: 3.23

L2: 3.8

LSAT 155, 163

Applied:

Queens

Western

Windsor

Osgoode

Ottawa

Thanks!

In at windsor, likely at Western (70-30) somewhat likely at Queen's (50-50). 50-50 at ottawa dye to low cgpa. And unlikely at oz

CGPA 3.56

L2 3.7

Queens

Western 

Windsor

Osgoode

Ottawa

I'd say in at all. Nice LSAT/L2