Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Predict-O-Matic For Ontario Law Schools

For GPA, I'm not sure which method to calculate it. Using the GPA scale for Queen's, I have a lower GPA (probably by 0.1) because they have an odd GPA system (80-86=3.7; 87-93=3.9; 94+=4.0). The GPA I'm posting now is the one used by most schools I think (80-84=3.7; 85-89=3.9; 90+=4.0)

GPA out of 4: 3.89

CGPA: 3.89

best two years: 3.89

LSAT: 163

I'm applying to Queen's, Western, Osgoode, and U of T for sure. I haven't decided whether to apply to Ottawa or not, or out of province law schools. Thanks a lot for your help!

With these numbers you will get in into all of the schools. If ottawa is not your first choice and you do not intend on attending there then there is no reason to apply. With the numbers that you have provided you will get in to osgoode, wetern, and queens in the first round and most likely UofT in the first, if not then second round.

:P

HEY THERE:

iam now a grad student completing my master and considering between a phD and law school. i would like to know what my chances are at Osgoode Hall, which is the only place i am applying.

my cgpa in my undergrad over 4 yrs is actually quite low (2.86/4) as i was a bum in my first few years, but i did amazing in the last two (3.7/4), which i why i made it to grad school with scholarship. i am applying to osgoode b/c they count the grades from grad school into the blended average (i got this from their website-if iam incorrect, pls tell me), which is great b/c i have been doing amazing as well here. Thus, counting the grad grades and using olsas conversiion rate my last 2 years are 3.71 and my last three years (including grad) is 3.6. i expect to score in LSAT over 160, taking it in dec.

what are my chances at Osgoode, is it realistic to even apply?

cheers and thanks for reply.

Hey there,

Cgpa 3.90/4.00

lsat 161/84%

applying: uoft, osgoode, queens, western

chances? Is it even worth applying to uoft? have there been people with similar stats that have gotten in? I think my lsats are too low.

your advice would be appreciated.

:P

HEY THERE:

iam now a grad student completing my master and considering between a phD and law school. i would like to know what my chances are at Osgoode Hall, which is the only place i am applying.

my cgpa in my undergrad over 4 yrs is actually quite low (2.86/4) as i was a bum in my first few years, but i did amazing in the last two (3.7/4), which i why i made it to grad school with scholarship. i am applying to osgoode b/c they count the grades from grad school into the blended average (i got this from their website-if iam incorrect, pls tell me), which is great b/c i have been doing amazing as well here. Thus, counting the grad grades and using olsas conversiion rate my last 2 years are 3.71 and my last three years (including grad) is 3.6. i expect to score in LSAT over 160, taking it in dec.

what are my chances at Osgoode, is it realistic to even apply?

cheers and thanks for reply.

If they calculate your GPA at 3.6 and you will hit 160 then you will get in. They do calculate your grad marks but you should call and ask exactly how they would calculate yours. I'm not sure exactly how they calculate it and whether they give it the same amount of weight as undergrad GPA. but I definetely think you should apply if you have around 3.6 and 160

Hey there,

Cgpa 3.90/4.00

lsat 161/84%

applying: uoft, osgoode, queens, western

chances? Is it even worth applying to uoft? have there been people with similar stats that have gotten in? I think my lsats are too low.

your advice would be appreciated.

First of all: IN at Oz, Queens, and Western

For UofT: probably in. There have been people with very familiar stats. For example 3.86/163 which is fairly close to yours. In my opinion you will get in to UofT most likely

Hi WhoWhere (or anyone else who might be able to offer some insight),

Suppose I score a 170 on the lsat... can you give me some idea of what the lowest gpa I would need to get in to Queens is? Thanks

Hi WhoWhere (or anyone else who might be able to offer some insight),

Suppose I score a 170 on the lsat... can you give me some idea of what the lowest gpa I would need to get in to Queens is? Thanks

I would say 3.4 and up.

WhoWhere, you're incredibly generous with your time. A huge thank you!

Engineer.

CGPA: 3.61

Best 3: 3.69

LSAT: 161. Will rewrite.

What kind of LSAT do I need to guarantee entry anywhere in Canada?

CGPA 3.7

LSAT 157

not applying to UofT, Thanks

Ottawa: probably in (depends on overall profile)

windsor: same at ottawa

Queens: In

Western: In

Osgoode: probably in during the later rounds (but depends on pool of applicants)

Engineer.

With those numbers you pretty much guaranteed entry to most schools

(Queens, Western, Osgoode, UNB, Delhousie, UMan, UAlberta, Ottawa (probably), windsor etc..... The only schools this is low is for Uoft, maybe Uvic and Mcgill (depends on many factors).

Engineer.

With those numbers you pretty much guaranteed entry to most schools

(Queens, Western, Osgoode, UNB, Delhousie, UMan, UAlberta, Ottawa (probably), windsor etc..... The only schools this is low is for Uoft, maybe Uvic and Mcgill (depends on many factors).

Thanks for that info. What do you think I would need for U of T? 165+?

with solid work and volunteer experience, and a 3.6 GPA, what range should my LSAT mark be in to have a chance at either McGill, Queen's, or Western?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

with solid work and volunteer experience, and a 3.6 GPA, what range should my LSAT mark be in to have a chance at either McGill, Queen's, or Western?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

To be sure that you get accepted aim for 160+. You can also sneak in with a 158+ to Western and Queens. In McGill they look at many more factors aside from the LSAT but you should have over the 75th percentile.

Hi WhoWhere,

Now I have my LSAT back, and I just want to know my chances at Western (My preference), Queen's (2nd choice), Windsor and Ottawa. I know I'm way off the mark for Osgoode, but am planning to apply there. I'd also like to know if it's worth rewriting in December or February--I know some schools say that if you rewrite in February, you're at a disadvantage, but I am considering whether I have enough time to study in November to boost my LSAT enough. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks very much in advance

Currently in 4th year

LSAT: 158/75th

CGPA: 3.41

Best 2 GPA (2nd and 3rd year marks): 3.515

For GPA, I'm not sure which method to calculate it. Using the GPA scale for Queen's, I have a lower GPA (probably by 0.1) because they have an odd GPA system (80-86=3.7; 87-93=3.9; 94+=4.0). The GPA I'm posting now is the one used by most schools I think (80-84=3.7; 85-89=3.9; 90+=4.0)

I'm applying to Queen's, Western, Osgoode, and U of T for sure. I haven't decided whether to apply to Ottawa or not, or out of province law schools. Thanks a lot for your help!

With these numbers you will get in into all of the schools. If ottawa is not your first choice and you do not intend on attending there then there is no reason to apply. With the numbers that you have provided you will get in to osgoode, wetern, and queens in the first round and most likely UofT in the first, if not then second round.

So are you saying that GPA matters more than LSAT for U of T?

So are you saying that GPA matters more than LSAT for U of T?

I'm not sure how you infer that from this post. In UofT you need both the LSAT and GPA to be at a certain level in comparison to each other. For example, if you have 3.9 GPA a 162 will be enough, if you have a 3.6 you need around 166. Like any other law school they have a system to calculate the ratio of LSAT to GPA.

Hey WhoWhere, can you predict for me please

CGPA: 3.7

best two: 3.7(maybe a little higher)

LSAT: 154

Worked full time and full course load for 3 years of my degree.

Also could you tell me if I apply again next year and re-write the LSAT what I would need?

Thanks.

um, I don't think WhoWhere is here any longer...check out the date on that post!!

Great gpa, BTW. Why didn't you rewrite for this cycle? You would have been a shoo-in at most schools with a 160, and even with a 158 would have gotten some acceptances. Still may, depending on where you applied.