Sign in to follow this  
WhoWhere

Predict-O-Matic For Ontario Law Schools

adding on to swisham's predic-o-matic, i would like to add the ontario predictor. After following two admission cycles and collecting stats i believe i can predict with very good accuracy the chances of admissions to ontario law schools.

Ottawa and windsor will be a little tough to predict, Queens and Western will be fairly easy, osgoode (using their formula) and Uof T can be predicted with very high accuracy.

so please post:

GPA out of 4

CGPA:

best two years:

LSAT:

i hope swisham is not going to sue me for copyright infringement.

I am on a gpa converting role,

cgpa: 3.55

best 2: 3.78

Lsat: 165

I shall now go convert lead into gold.

• Like 1

I am on a gpa converting role,

cgpa: 3.55

best 2: 3.78

Lsat: 165

I shall now go convert lead into gold.

Ottawa: Most likely accepted

Windsor: Depends on other factors

Western: In 1st round

Queens: In 1st round

Osgood: In later rounds

UofT: Rejected

CGPA: 3.96

Best Two: 3.97

LSAT: 165

Exodus

Ottawa: In

Windsor: Depends on other factors

Western: In 1st round

Queens: In 1st round

Osgood: In 1st round

UofT: In 1st round

• Like 1

hey whowhere,

thanks again for making that site... it was helpful for all of us applicants who were applying last year.

i'd like to see if your results differ from swishsam's....

CGPA: 3.81/4.0

Last 2: 3.86/4.0

LSAT: 154, 160

I got rejected everywhere in ontario except ottawa (admitted off waitlist) and windsor (didn't apply). however, that was applying with only 2 years completed, and with a crappy LSAT score of 154. do you think things will change for me, or will history repeat itself?

also, does your spreadsheet base its predictions on last year's standards? do you anticipate the effect of the double-cohort?

hey whowhere,

thanks again for making that site... it was helpful for all of us applicants who were applying last year.

i'd like to see if your results differ from swishsam's....

CGPA: 3.81/4.0

Last 2: 3.86/4.0

LSAT: 154, 160

I got rejected everywhere in ontario except ottawa (admitted off waitlist) and windsor (didn't apply). however, that was applying with only 2 years completed, and with a crappy LSAT score of 154. do you think things will change for me, or will history repeat itself?

also, does your spreadsheet base its predictions on last year's standards? do you anticipate the effect of the double-cohort?

Hi Limz,

from reading your posts throughout the year i know osgoode is your first choice. IMO you are guaranteed a spot next year since your blended will be just over 3.75. I believe the double cohort will have some impact on students at the lower end in regards to their stats. Perhaps instead of dipping to 3.55 osgoode will go as low at 3.57-8. However, this will have no impact on your chances since it is practically impossible that 300 people will have a blended of 3.75 or higher. As far as I know osgoode is not going to change its policy next year and will apply the same formula to calculate their blended score, therefore you are guaranteed an offer in their 1st round.

By the way did you decide to go to Ottawa or are u going in for your last year?

For other schools:

Ottawa: if you declined their offer I am not sure how this will effect your application next year however they say that they do not look at last year's application. Therefore, with the same PS and higher numbers you should get in theoretically

Queens and Western: In (even though you are slightly borderline with you LSAT based on their stats, your GPA will get you admitted)

LSAT: 163

CGPA: 3.53

LAST TWO: 3.87

3 yr degree.

Ottawa: acceptable numbers, PS must state your desire to attend UO or the PS must have a personality that is not the generic (i want to help poor people just because they are poor or i have been descriminated against and thats why i should get in). If you do write those type of things a degree of knowledge on the subject and insightful future initiative on social justice and demonstrable, justifiable, and rational impact of outside forces like racism must be shown. Unlike other schools the PS plays a big role in UO admissions

Windsor: Debatable

Osgoode: 3.59 blended (most likely admitted in the later rounds)

Western: In

Queens:In

CGPA: 3.67 / 4

Last 2: 3.72 / 4

LSAT: to be determined . . . expecting between 158-162... can you give me some advice to what you think i would need on my LSAT?

thanks WhoWhere.

Great Post whowhere.

CGPA: 3.66 (A-)

CPA in last 2/3 years: 3.73/3.75 (A-)

Anticipated LSAT score: 155

Anticipated LSAT score with major studying: 160

At present, I'm primarily interested in the Toronto schools, Osgoode in particular, as I don't think I would have a chance at UofT.

I see you mention a formula for Osgoode? Is it posted on their website?

CGPA: 3.67 / 4

Last 2: 3.72 / 4

LSAT: to be determined . . . expecting between 158-162... can you give me some advice to what you think i would need on my LSAT?

thanks WhoWhere.

Ottawa: Your solid CGPA combined with an LSAT of at least 155 (perhaps a few points lower if the PS is really spectacular)

Windsor: 155 LSAT and good ECs and WE

Osgoode: at least 77th percentile (159)

Western: at least 158

Queens: at least 158

UofT: 168

you should aim to get over 160 (at least 80th percentile). This will insure your admission to Western, Queens, and Osgoode. Other schools it is debatable.

good luck with the LSAT

4 year degree

cgpa 3.46

last 2 3.66

lsat 156/160

work-5

Ottawa: Doubtful. CGPA is low. a solid PS may get you in. Apply anyways.

Osgoode: they will take off your worst year out of 4 since you scored over the 77th percentile. Your 3 best years are needed to calculate your blended but judging by your last 2 you will probably get in.

Windsor: you have a chance but as for ottawa the CGPA is a little low.

Western: Probably In

Queens: Probably In

UofT: rejected

Great Post whowhere.

At present, I'm primarily interested in the Toronto schools, Osgoode in particular, as I don't think I would have a chance at UofT.

you have a ver solid CGPA, however for UofT you will need to score at least 168.

Osgoode: with a 155 you may not get in. You need at least 75th percentile (158) with you CGPA (roughly 3.5/4 blended conversion). Aim to get over the 77th percentile (159 and over) (3.6 on the blended scale) to insure the you get in. Osgoode uses the following formula

CGPA x 3 + LSAT converted to 4.0 scale/4

or if you have four years completed and LSAT over 77th percentile

Best 3 years x 3 + LSAT converted to 4.0/4

If you are serious about getting into law school you should do your best to get the 160 and above, especially if you want to attend osgoode. It is not that difficult to get a 160 if you concentrate and dedicate yourself to your LSAT studies. I would recommend the powerscorer bibles for best results.

Ottawa: you need a good PS

Windsor: ECs and WE needed

Western: LSAT of at least 158

Queens: LSAT of at least 158

I didn't apply to any Ontario schools last year so I'm actually just curious:

GPA: 3.45

Best two: 3.7

LSAT: 169

Ottawa: Depends on PS

Windsor: Depends on ECs and WE

Osgoode: if you have a 3 year completed= rejected. if you finished a 4 year degree and your best 3 are over 3.5 you are just borderline to get admitted (judging by this year's stats). if best 3 over 3.6= admitted

Western: In

Queens: In

Uof T: rejected

Hey I'm hoping you can make a prediction about U of A / Dalhousie? Queens, western, u sask, u manitoba and whatever else really cares about the last 2 years

I have pretty bad stats:

last 2: 3.5

cgpa: 2.8

Lsat: to be determined...but say 160-163

Another drawback: i only have a 3 year degree

Last 20 courses (60units) : 3.5 ish average

Work experience/volunteer: 0

Great Post whowhere.

you have a ver solid CGPA, however for UofT you will need to score at least 168.

Osgoode: with a 155 you may not get in. You need at least 75th percentile (158) with you CGPA (roughly 3.5/4 blended conversion). Aim to get over the 77th percentile (159 and over) (3.6 on the blended scale) to insure the you get in. Osgoode uses the following formula

CGPA x 3 + LSAT converted to 4.0 scale/4

or if you have four years completed and LSAT over 77th percentile

Best 3 years x 3 + LSAT converted to 4.0/4

If you are serious about getting into law school you should do your best to get the 160 and above, especially if you want to attend osgoode. It is not that difficult to get a 160 if you concentrate and dedicate yourself to your LSAT studies. I would recommend the powerscorer bibles for best results.

Ottawa: you need a good PS

Windsor: ECs and WE needed

Western: LSAT of at least 158

Queens: LSAT of at least 158

Thanks for the information! I currently have the bibles and have started studying. I have exactly 1 day to decide if I should write the Sept 30 LSAT.

Thanks WhoWhere for running my numbers for me.

Although really, it is just causing me more angst over whether or not I should waste the money to apply to UT.