lawwal

When is the 2022 2L Recruit?

When is the 2022 2L recruit taking place? Also, can someone walk me through the entire recruit process? I'm really confused how many interviews you have to go through. Lastly, I know it's too early to speculate grades, but how many interviews can I expect to get with a 3.25 GPA? Is 3.3 generally the cutoff? Thanks so much! 

I assume you mean the Toronto recruit? In typical (non-covid) years:

• Toronto recruit application deadline is the end of August or the beginning of September after 1L.
  • The first set of interviews takes place on campus during on-campus-interviews (OCIs) between September and October.
  • If you make it to the next round, you interview in Toronto in person over three days during in-firm interviews.
  • Job offers are given on the third day of in-firms at 5pm.
  • You can get a rejection at any point in that process.
  • A 3.25 will get you interviews, how many will depend on the rest of your application package.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnStuartHobbes said:

I assume you mean the Toronto recruit? In typical (non-covid) years:

• Toronto recruit application deadline is the end of August or the beginning of September after 1L.
  • The first set of interviews takes place on campus during on-campus-interviews (OCIs) between September and October.
  • If you make it to the next round, you interview in Toronto in person over three days during in-firm interviews.
  • Job offers are given on the third day of in-firms at 5pm.
  • You can get a rejection at any point in that process.
  • A 3.25 will get you interviews, how many will depend on the rest of your application package.

Thanks, this is really helpful! Is call day after OCIs?

8 hours ago, lawwal said:

Thanks, this is really helpful! Is call day after OCIs?

OCIs this year are in early October, Call Day for in-firms is October 22nd, then in-firms are November 1st-3rd. Job offers go out November 3rd at 5PM.

• Like 1

Lol you lucky guys - BACK IN MY DAY (2021) we had the recruit in Feb-March, so they were able to see our first semester 2L grades 😭

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, Prospero said:

Lol you lucky guys - BACK IN MY DAY (2021) we had the recruit in Feb-March, so they were able to see our first semester 2L grades 😭

I would much rather have this. 1L was not it 😔