Officially confirmed to be on the waitlist.

GPA: 90.5 (confirmed)

LSAT : 160

Supposed index: 92.61

• Confused 2

did you receive an email? 

1 hour ago, Pj3 said:

2 hours ago, futurelawyer111 said:

did you receive an email? 

I received a call from admissions.

33 minutes ago, Pj3 said:

I received a call from admissions.

Does it say waitlisted on your portal?

On 4/28/2021 at 6:25 PM, mmich said:

Does it say waitlisted on your portal?

Not yet, as I believe that happens later. 

On 4/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, Pj3 said:

Did you know before that you were waitlisted or was this the first notice you got?

Also, does anyone have any estimates on when we can start to see movement on the waitlist? It's a bit scary that they are only now doing official confirmations and when I last spoke to them, they said the waitlist ranking wouldn't be confirmed until June...

I'm just not sure how long to wait and hold onto hope that I might get off the waitlist :(.

3 hours ago, sadisticsad said:

Also, does anyone have any estimates on when we can start to see movement on the waitlist? It's a bit scary that they are only now doing official confirmations and when I last spoke to them, they said the waitlist ranking wouldn't be confirmed until June...

I'm just not sure how long to wait and hold onto hope that I might get off the waitlist :(.

I'm not sure if they're really doing official confirmations yet if the portal hasn't been updated ... 😬 Could be worth shooting admissions an email and asking if they're still on track or early for June rankings?

3 hours ago, sadisticsad said:

A June waitlist? I think a lot of us are aiming to have a lease secured in whichever city we're moving to by then, a June waitlist is too little too late. Also on a side note Allard has consistently been the poorest in terms of communication. Calculating a bunch of people's gpa % wrong then telling people not to call for gpa checks. 

Edited by toastedguac
  • Sad 1

Yo legit lol. If it's a June waitlist then technically the last acceptances could be really close to July. The waitlist people are gonna have to camp out at Gage lobby for the first couple of weeks lool..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, spse95 said:

Yo legit lol. If it's a June waitlist then technically the last acceptances could be really close to July. The waitlist people are gonna have to camp out at Gage lobby for the first couple of weeks lool..

I swear...at this point I’m just like idk if I should even hold out hope? I don’t understand why they are so behind when the other schools have figured it out??

• Like 5

5 hours ago, sadisticsad said:

I swear...at this point I’m just like idk if I should even hold out hope? I don’t understand why they are so behind when the other schools have figured it out??

Regarding hope:

If you have other offers, but prefer UBC to all of them, then I would hold out until atleast the day before the deadlines for your other offers in hopes that UBC gets back to you within that time frame. You could also use your offers as a reasonable (bargaining chip?) to say something like, "Listen, I have to get back to other schools by tomorrow and but I prefer UBC and I need an answer from you guys ASAP." 

Regarding behindness: 

This is mostly my personal speculation, but the 40-year veteran admissions officer who retired could have left a huge knowledge and leadership vacuum without an adequate method of passing down the information / experience + they implemented a new evaluation system that happened to coincide with new staff + COVID.  However, the Covid factor kind of cancels out because everyone has had to deal with COVID. So probably mainly internal reasons within the admissions office.

(I could be completely wrong though)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, spse95 said:

People get accepted up until the first week of September due to deferrals or people deciding not to attend.

Edited by Starling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Starling said:

People get accepted up until the first week of September due to deferrals or people deciding not to attend.

Oh wow. Given that its a Sept 8th start, that's quite the quick turnaround 😅

7 hours ago, sadisticsad said:

It’s not just UBC. I’ve only heard from 1 of the 4 law schools I’ve applied to this year. 

6 hours ago, spse95 said:

Regarding behindness: 

This is mostly my personal speculation, but the 40-year veteran admissions officer who retired could have left a huge knowledge and leadership vacuum without an adequate method of passing down the information / experience + they implemented a new evaluation system that happened to coincide with new staff + COVID.  However, the Covid factor kind of cancels out because everyone has had to deal with COVID. So probably mainly internal reasons within the admissions office.

I agree with your theory. Elaine was a boss. 

Hang in there, everyone!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, spse95 said:

Regarding hope:

If you have other offers, but prefer UBC to all of them, then I would hold out until atleast the day before the deadlines for your other offers in hopes that UBC gets back to you within that time frame. You could also use your offers as a reasonable (bargaining chip?) to say something like, "Listen, I have to get back to other schools by tomorrow and but I prefer UBC and I need an answer from you guys ASAP." 

Regarding behindness: 

That makes lots of sense! I luckily already accepted my UVic offer and I'm happy to go there, but if I get into UBC I may have to reconsider because I prefer Vancouver. You're probably right though about the admissions officer and their retirement. 

Has anyone been confirmed to be waitlisted only on the portal? Not notified via email or a phone call? Reason I ask is because I was never sent log-in information to check my application portal and when I emailed them they said I can expect to be waitlisted. Not sure if its worth it to email to ask for my log-in information again if they will notify me another way