Sign in to follow this  
AnotherApplicant10

CGPA (3.58, 3.8, 165?)

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. 

So I've just finished my third year of undergrad and I'll be applying for law school in November. My CGPA will be either a 3.58 or a 3.6 as I'm still waiting on one grade. I know this is low (I screwed up in my first year but have had an upwards trend since). My last 20 courses or L2 is between 3.80 and 3.83. But I know this is a CGPA school so I wanted to ask if a 3.58 or 3.6 really low for this school? I'm writing my LSAT in August and will be studying heavily until then but I hope to get around a 165. 

Any insight would be appreciated.

If your ECs are outstanding, like I mean really good, then yeah a 165 might do the job. Otherwise, try scoring even higher. Try to get even 168-170. This year’s drastic spike in competition should fuel future applicants to do considerably better than pre-pandemic cycles. 

Posted (edited)

Without a confirmed LSAT score, it is almost impossible to give any realistic insight/advice. As I'm sure you know, what an individual wants or even practices at is likely not what they will score on test day. First, just study hard for the LSAT, then worry about chances and which schools to apply to. Hope that helps!

Edit: Grammar

Edited by BC1424
  • Like 4

OZ is a GPA school. 3.58 is not really strong.  Hard to predict without a real score. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 1:01 AM, AnotherApplicant10 said:

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. 

So I've just finished my third year of undergrad and I'll be applying for law school in November. My CGPA will be either a 3.58 or a 3.6 as I'm still waiting on one grade. I know this is low (I screwed up in my first year but have had an upwards trend since). My last 20 courses or L2 is between 3.80 and 3.83. But I know this is a CGPA school so I wanted to ask if a 3.58 or 3.6 really low for this school? I'm writing my LSAT in August and will be studying heavily until then but I hope to get around a 165. 

Any insight would be appreciated.

I got in with a lower cgpa. My LSAT was around the range you are aiming for. I also feel I had very strong ECs which may have made a difference. Nevertheless I think it goes to show your GPA isn't the end of the world.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thehandofthelaw said:

If your ECs are outstanding, like I mean really good, then yeah a 165 might do the job. Otherwise, try scoring even higher. Try to get even 168-170. This year’s drastic spike in competition should fuel future applicants to do considerably better than pre-pandemic cycles. 

Thanks for the help, appreciate it! I’ve worked part to full time throughout my entire undergrad, do you think that might help? 

21 hours ago, BC1424 said:

Without a confirmed LSAT score, it is almost impossible to give any realistic insight/advice. As I'm sure you know, what an individual wants or even practices at is likely not what they will score on test day. First, just study hard for the LSAT, then worry about chances and which schools to apply to. Hope that helps!

Edit: Grammar

That helps, thank you! 🙂

9 hours ago, SadNWO said:

I got in with a lower cgpa. My LSAT was around the range you are aiming for. I also feel I had very strong ECs which may have made a difference. Nevertheless I think it goes to show your GPA isn't the end of the world.

Thank you! Would you mind mentioning what type of ECs you had? 

30 minutes ago, AnotherApplicant10 said:

Thank you! Would you mind mentioning what type of ECs you had? 

Military service, worked in intelligence, startup founder. 

• Like 1