Sign in to follow this  
raybens

Final Semester GPA: Does it matter?

Hey all,

I am waiting on final grades to send my final transcript and I am wondering how much academic performance matters in this semester as I have already gotten accepted? I am assuming if I bomb that wouldn't be great, but I am just curious if it matters at all.

Thanks!

AFAIK it doesn't matter at all! Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

• Like 1

Just now, samii said:

AFAIK it doesn't matter at all! Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Keep in mind that unless you are a 3-year applicant, you need to have graduated from a degree before being able to attend law school. So, if bombing one of your courses results in you not meeting the course requirements for graduation, they will end up revoking your admission because you don't have a degree yet - at least I think

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Casablank said:

Keep in mind that unless you are a 3-year applicant, you need to have graduated from a degree before being able to attend law school. So, if bombing one of your courses results in you not meeting the course requirements for graduation, they will end up revoking your admission because you don't have a degree yet - at least I think

That makes sense, and is also my expectation.

Yeah, pretty sure that they don't care at all. With your strong GPA record, aim for like an A- average for the semester.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheMidnightOil said:

Yeah, pretty sure that they don't care at all. With your strong GPA record, aim for like an A- average for the semester.

Stellar, I had one course that I was worried about that is heavily weighted but I think I'll still end up with a 90% average or 4.0/4.3