beepboop

Transferring after 1L from US school to Canadian school

Posted (edited)

I was wondering if anyone has any insight about the likelihood of transferring into a Canadian laws school from an American one. I know there are only about a handful of schools that accept out-of-Canada transfers and it's quite hard to find some personal success stories on here (maybe that in itself answers my question). 

My stats for Fall 2020 term are A-, A-, B+, B+, B (these are final grades, not midterms). I'm involved in student organizations and I am a board member for a couple. I also landed a summer student position at a small firm for this upcoming summer in my home province.

side note: I am aware it is frowned upon especially in this forum to go to law school in the US with the expectation to practice in Canada after you graduate, so please be nice and spare me if you were wanting to make a comment in that regard 😅

Edited by beepboop
  • Like 1

Your grades are quite good so I would apply broadly and cross my fingers. The only Canadian law school I've seen that accepts a lot of US transfers from bottom tier schools is U of T. But your grades have to be really good. I'm not sure how they will view your B's. Good luck. 

• Like 1