Sign in to follow this  
Husns

Haven't heard from anywhere (3.36, 163)

I applied to 8 schools and have only heard from U of T (an expected rejection). This is my third time applying to law school with a 3.36 CGPA and 163 LSAT.

Do I take summer courses to raise my CGPA? .. I feel like I've tried everything and the fact that schools take so long to respond means Ive been in a limbo of application cycles for 3 years. I feel like my life has stalled. Is anyone else in the same situation?

• Sad 1

What’s your L2? If you could get your CGPA up to 3.5 I think your chances would be considerably better. 

Don’t be too hard on yourself re this cycle. I’ve been browsing this site for 3 years and this is the most competitive cycle I’ve seen. 

Do you have any interesting work/volunteer experience from the last 3 years that you could leverage?

38 minutes ago, HopefulLawyer97 said:

What’s your L2? If you could get your CGPA up to 3.5 I think your chances would be considerably better. 

Don’t be too hard on yourself re this cycle. I’ve been browsing this site for 3 years and this is the most competitive cycle I’ve seen. 

Do you have any interesting work/volunteer experience from the last 3 years that you could leverage?

Yeah this year's cycle is making me wish I had made it through those years I was waitlisted :( my L2 isnt high (3.4) but my B2 is good (3.7ish)

• Like 1

I haven't heard anything from 5/6 schools I applied to. It's tough to know what it means. I am realistic enough that I know chances aren't good at this point, but I also feel like if all the spots are taken wouldn't they send blanket rejections out? It's like a weird kind of torture where you cling onto a tiny bit of hope. 

On 4/16/2021 at 5:24 PM, legallybrunette3 said:

I haven't heard anything from 5/6 schools I applied to. It's tough to know what it means. I am realistic enough that I know chances aren't good at this point, but I also feel like if all the spots are taken wouldn't they send blanket rejections out? It's like a weird kind of torture where you cling onto a tiny bit of hope. 

I feel like chances might be better than you think. Not to be too Pollyannaish, but it does genuinely seem like things are rolling out more slowly than other years. But who knows. We might all be dead in the water. 

• Sad 1