Hello, 

I have provincially accepted Lakehead and I really am considering going there as I don't think any other school will accept and I am not so sure if I should be trying again next year. My question is if I am someone who is going to be returning back to Toronto, will it be it be harder to get a job in the city graduating from a school that focuses on small town\city law? 

If anyone here who graduated from Lakehead law and can share their experience that would be helpful for me to make a decision. I just don't want to make a rushed decision without knowing what my job prospects are like since I am willing to come back to live in Toronto. 

Thank you in advance 

Some Lakehead graduates work in Toronto. Obviously you'll be at a disadvantage but good marks and networking can help bridge that gap a bit. 

You can ask some Lakehead grads on LinkedIn and I'm sure they'll provide more in depth answers. 

• Like 1

Lakehead's claim to focus on small city law also doesn't really make sense nor exist. The substantive knowledge won't hold you back from Toronto, but the school's connections to TO might have an impact.

• Like 1