Sign in to follow this  
PeanutLawyer

Waitlisted/Rejected?

Just out curiosity has anyone been waitlisted or rejected? It has been a week since the last wave of acceptances.  

No, I haven't heard anything. My application is still sitting "under review" like it has been for three months lol.... hopefully they let us know what's going on soon. 

• Like 2

This should be the week, but have not heard anything yet! However, in one rejection thread there was a time that the U of A didn't send rejections until May.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, seallover said:

This should be the week, but have not heard anything yet! However, in one rejection thread there was a time that the U of A didn't send rejections until May.

Holy, hopefully there are some more acceptances this week as well. 

17 minutes ago, seallover said:

Oh my god, that is so cruel. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think acceptances may still be trickling out as the Facebook page now has 124 members (with some current students mixed in). Although it could also be from people just finding the page recently. Nevertheless, there is still lots of time! Rejections went out in June for the 2019 cycle.

• Like 1

I emailed them and they said that they are still in the process of making offers. They also told me that waitlist will be made in May and any ineligible applicants will also be rejected in May as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, confusedstudent said:

I emailed them and they said that they are still in the process of making offers. They also told me that waitlist will be made in May and any ineligible applicants will also be rejected in May as well.

Ahh makes sense, I’m starting to connect that they had told my friend that May is when they send out acceptances for the holistic as they are in the process right now. It would be more likely to assume then they read all the personal statements that haven’t been accepted and make a decision on whether to reject or wait list. However, they did say they would try to notify acceptances sooner.

Edited by seallover

1 hour ago, legallybrunette3 said:

I need to know now!! my deposit is due tomorrow :cry:

Pay your deposit. The chance U of A gets back to you in 36 hours is not worth the risk of accidentally missing the deposit deadline due to some online transaction screwup and then not getting an acceptance.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Chazz said:

Pay your deposit. The chance U of A gets back to you in 36 hours is not worth the risk of accidentally missing the deposit deadline due to some online transaction screwup and then not getting an acceptance.

I know but... my precious money. The things I could do with $500 :cry:

That's actually such a fear of mine too. I check the deadline about 30x a day to make sure I read it correctly, and bugged admin a couple times to confirm. 

Edited by legallybrunette3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, legallybrunette3 said:

I know but... my precious money. The things I could do with $500 :cry:

I mean, it's a tuition deposit, so it counts toward what you will pay anyway. Worst that can happen is you pay it and then U of A gets back to you with an acceptance (immediately afterward if the universe is in a cruel mood, but hopefully later), at which point you have a decision to make.

Basically, $500 is the price of a guarantee that you will be going to law school. Saving it means you risk missing out and having to apply next year. You're the only one who can decide whether $500 is worth that guarantee, but seeing as you applied to the other school I can only assume that means you'd be happy to go there should you not get into U of A, so I don't see why you wouldn't (otherwise why would you have applied there in the first place?)

Edited by Chazz

17 minutes ago, Chazz said:

--

I think I was hoping that after the big March 31 deadline there would start to be some pattern of acceptances, but it honestly is so random. You're right I should just pay it, I'd never forgive myself if I missed out over such a stupid thing. 

• Like 1