thescrappy

Still Haven't Heard Back

Waitlisted at 1/7 schools I applied for, heard back from 0/6 of the others. Is it safe to say it'll be a waitlist or rejection?

Thanks in advance!

LSAT 159, cGPA per OLSAS 3.42, L2 3.53

Posted (edited)

It's hard to say because you haven't specified which schools you applied to. As an Ontario resident, I can say your say LSAT is decent for a few schools but the GPA could use some work. But even then, your ECs may be outstanding. If they are, then you definitely stand a chance for a few schools in Canada. All the best! 

Edited by thehandofthelaw
  • Like 1

Exact same boat, 160 LSAT, 3.5 cGPA, 3.73 L2, my confidence in this application has taken a big blow. I honestly thought that would be good enough for at least 1 of the 6 schools I applied to especially the L2 focused schools 🤷‍♂️. Hoping at least one comes through, it will be tough to explain not rewriting the LSAT and solidifying my chances

• Like 1

I've heard from 1/8 schools - rejected by U of T which was expected. It's really disappointing and I've kind of assumed I'm rejected every where else. I just wish they would get back to us sooner.

To me it doesn't make sense they can accept so many people without even review a chunk of files. Everyone should be reviewed before any decisions go out imo...

I'm with you tho @Husns I think I'll get rejected from everywhere too

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rjattorney said:

Exact same boat, 160 LSAT, 3.5 cGPA, 3.73 L2, my confidence in this application has taken a big blow. I honestly thought that would be good enough for at least 1 of the 6 schools I applied to especially the L2 focused schools 🤷‍♂️. Hoping at least one comes through, it will be tough to explain not rewriting the LSAT and solidifying my chances

I would say your stats are actually pretty competitive for Queen's and Western. Obviously, I don't know anything about your ECs or other softs. There's typically a wave of admissions in late April and I think you have a good chance of getting in. 

On 4/10/2021 at 7:10 PM, thescrappy said:

Waitlisted at 1/7 schools I applied for, heard back from 0/6 of the others. Is it safe to say it'll be a waitlist or rejection?

Thanks in advance!

LSAT 159, cGPA per OLSAS 3.42, L2 3.53

Unfortunately, I think your stats are distributed in a way that might make it hard for you to get in. Never say never because I don't know your ECs and softs, especially since the holistic schools may value those factors more than your stats. The main problem is both your LSAT, CGPA, and L2 GPA are below the medians for Ontario schools. A 159 LSAT is slightly below the 162 median at Osgoode, Queen's, and Western. A 3.42 CGPA is lower than the 3.7 CGPA median at Osgoode and Ottawa. A 3.53 L2 is lower than the 3.7 L2/B2 CGPA at Queen's and Western. 

If you had a slightly lower LSAT but higher CGPA or L2 GPA (say 157 LSAT and 3.7 CGPA or 3.7-3.8 L2) you'd have a pretty good shot. Likewise, if you had a higher LSAT but slightly lower GPA you might also have a better shot. 

I'm not an admissions officer or anything so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. But if you have difficulty getting in, I think the distribution of your stats is likely a factor. See how this cycle goes and obviously good luck! If it doesn't work out, a higher LSAT next cycle might be enough to push you past the line. 

• Like 2

I haven't heard back from any schools either (Ottawa, Western & Queens) except for a rejection from U of T... 3.3 cGPA and 166 LSAT - feeling very anxious. 

1 hour ago, coffeelaw16 said:

I haven't heard back from any schools either (Ottawa, Western & Queens) except for a rejection from U of T... 3.3 cGPA and 166 LSAT - feeling very anxious. 

I can't say anything for certain since you haven't shared your L2. But when I applied I had a 167 LSAT and a 3.22 CGPA. On that level our stats were pretty similar. I didn't hear back from any Ontario schools (except U of T rejection) until April 24th. I was accepted to Queen's on that day and heard back from Western and Windsor shortly afterwards. 

I remember feeling pretty anxious as an applicant as well and I know anything people say won't make you feel better until you've got an offer in hand. With the benefit of hindsight though, my advice to myself when I was waiting in mid-April 2018 would be that it's too early to worry and a lot of offers are still left to be released in late-April and early-May. 

• Like 3

Still waiting to hear back from Osgoode, Queens and Western... 159 LSAT, cGPA 3.83, B2 3.95, L2 3.85. 

I guess it goes without saying, but I am constantly very anxious about my chances. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Futurelawyer1278 said:

Still waiting to hear back from Osgoode, Queens and Western... 159 LSAT, cGPA 3.83, B2 3.95, L2 3.85. 

I guess it goes without saying, but I am constantly very anxious about my chances. 

I would be surprised if you don't hear back from at least one of those schools. I know the LSAT could be a bit higher but your gpa is solid. Many folks have been admitted with stats lower, so let's see. Especially if your ECs are good, you stand a solid chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeelaw16 said:

Same. I got my acceptance at Lakehead back in February but still haven't heard from any of my other schools (Ottawa, Queens, Western, Windsor, Osgoode).

3.1 CGPA, 3.2 L2
170 LSAT

• Like 1

I got waitlisted at Windsor, still waiting for Dal, Ottawa, Queens, Western. - Dal is my first choice

good EC (published in human rights journal, 2 years at a 2 different law firms, Moot Court, published in undergraduate journal) and letters from prof and boss who know me well

LSAT: 157 CGPA: 3.5 L2: 3.75 B2: 3.77 :( I'm so stressed 

Posted (edited)

Rejected at UofT and McGill, waiting out on responses from Osgoode, Queen's, Western, and Ottawa. 173 LSAT, 3.04 GPA, mature student with ten years of CAF experience. 

Edited by TotallyBucked
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

If you share which schools you applied to, it will be easier for people to help you guess whether you'll be rejected or wait listed.