skinnylaw

Manhattan Prep vs. Powerscore COURSES

Has anyone paid for any of their courses? I'm about to start studying again to re-take the LSAT in August (hopefully). I'm familiar with PS Logic Games because that's what I used to learn that section. I have Manhattan's Logic and Reading books, just wondering if any of their courses is worth the money?

tried 7Sage and I really wanted to love it but he talks so fast in the videos, even at normal speed that I just zone out the whole time. It's just not for me.

I'm not very good at holding myself accountable to self-study which is why I'm maybe looking into a prep course to maximize my score this time around.

Any recommendations are welcomed!!!

From my understanding, the Manhattan forum is good (at least it was for me because sometimes all you need is another opinion or two to see the other angles on the right/wrong ACs) I used the LG bible myself from Powerscore, though I really needed 7sage's foolproof method for LG to get myself consistent. I've heard mixed reviews of both the Manhattan and Powerscore courses, particularly the price of it. 

Have you looked into Harvard Ready if you don't like 7sage? There's plenty of positive feedback about it here on lawstudents.ca. It's not as well known on other places (ie. /lsat subreddit) but there's plenty of feedback here that you can read about it. Good luck!

1 hour ago, goodisgood said:

From my understanding, the Manhattan forum is good (at least it was for me because sometimes all you need is another opinion or two to see the other angles on the right/wrong ACs) I used the LG bible myself from Powerscore, though I really needed 7sage's foolproof method for LG to get myself consistent. I've heard mixed reviews of both the Manhattan and Powerscore courses, particularly the price of it. 

Have you looked into Harvard Ready if you don't like 7sage? There's plenty of positive feedback about it here on lawstudents.ca. It's not as well known on other places (ie. /lsat subreddit) but there's plenty of feedback here that you can read about it. Good luck!

I just reached out to Harvard Ready to get more information. Will most likely be going with them at this point! It's definitely not mentioned enough on Reddit (I assume because it's Canada based and used to be in person? so less accessible to American test takers).

Just hoping to pick the right one to invest in so I never have to go through this again lol🙃

If you have any questions about PowerScore or how the classes operate, please feel free to reach out to my via DM 😀

And regardless of which choice you ultimately make, best of luck to you with this test!

• Like 2