sgs12

Articling Hireback 2021

Just now, Uoftitty said:

They have. Inform yourself.

I can confirm they have NOT. Goodmans has informed their students that they will be giving them a date shortly where they will hear about hireback. Students are in the dark.

they are being just as dishonest as Joe Biden saying Americans would receive $2000 stimulus cheques.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, passthebar1994 said:

I can confirm they have NOT. Goodmans has informed their students that they will be giving them a date shortly where they will hear about hireback. Students are in the dark.

they are being just as dishonest as Joe Biden saying Americans would receive $2000 stimulus cheques.... 

You're leaving out the part where they communicated to their students, over a month ago, that they would know of hireback decisions either before or, at the very latest,  by the end of the first week of May 

I’m so confused, which of these essentially anonymous throwaway accounts should I believe?! 

More seriously, does whether or not Goodmans has communicated a specific hireback date to their students actually matter to anyone except students at Goodmans?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GlumChum91 said:

You're leaving out the part where they communicated to their students, over a month ago, that they would know of hireback decisions either before or, at the very latest,  by the end of the first week of May 

And you're leaving out the point that you are using a second account, and using both to participate in this thread!

Do we really have to repeat again that only one account is allowed?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

47 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

And you're leaving out the point that you are using a second account, and using both to participate in this thread!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I’m still wondering why I’m apparently the only one who hasn’t been told the “hire back day” at my firm!

Edited by easttowest

43 minutes ago, easttowest said:

I’m still wondering why I’m apparently the only one who hasn’t been told the “hire back day” at my firm!

You missed it. It was actually March 31st

parks and recreation april GIF

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, passthebar1994 said:

BLG 100% hireback 

You posted this on April 16.

3 minutes ago, easttowest said:

You posted this on April 16.

No this is an update. The previous post said they had two opt outs. BLG has since imprisoned the opt outs, and, after subsisting on stale bread and year old sparkling water that hasn’t been touched since the pandemic began, the opt outs have agreed to return to the firm. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, BlockedQuebecois said:

No this is an update. The previous post said they had two opt outs. BLG has since imprisoned the opt outs, and, after subsisting on stale bread and year old sparkling water that hasn’t been touched since the pandemic began, the opt outs have agreed to return to the firm. 

Thanks for the much-needed colour. I understand now. 

• Like 3

Miller Thomson today too. I don’t know the numbers. 

This makes sense, lots of firms wrapping up mid-May.

17 hours ago, easttowest said:

Miller Thomson today too. I don’t know the numbers. 

This makes sense, lots of firms wrapping up mid-May.

It was 100%

Posted (edited)

Me following this thread like I might find out about hireback at my firm on LS.ca before hearing it from my firm:happy homer simpson GIF

Edited by feraenaturae
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Question from a clueless 1L: What happens to those that don't get hired back? Are they basically SOL? I can't imagine the grief of working your tail off to get a 2L position, getting hired back for articles and then not getting hired for as an associate. 

Edited by HopefulLawyer97

Just now, HopefulLawyer97 said:

Question from a clueless 1L: What happens to those that don't get hired back? Are they basically SOL? I can't imagine the grief of working your tail off to get a 2L position, getting haired back for articles and then not getting hired for as an associate. 

Somewhere between SOL and no reason to worry - most supervising lawyers are understanding human beings who will write a reference letter for the articling student not hired back, I've heard of principals genuinely trying to help the student find a position because they couldn't hire the student due to business reasons but considered the student an asset nonetheless. Unless of course the student was incompetent or unwise, in which case it would be a different story and I guess they'd be SOL.  

• Like 1