After the waitlist release, what can we expect? are there already open spots that they'll fill with another wave off the waitlist or what?

Thanks!

School will wait for those who were already issued offers to make their decisions. Once that deadline passes for those students to accept or reject the offer, then the school will send out more offers to those on the waitlist based on the remaining spots left. Once the deadline for that passes, and if there are any more seats left then they will send out another wave of offers to those remaining on the waitlist. This just goes on repeat, and around July or August, the waitlist will be condensed to include only Manitoba residents, and only those on that list will get the offers from then on. 

This is an ongoing process. Those who already accepted an offer will change their mind and withdraw their acceptance and forfeit their deposit for a variety of reasons. If I remember correctly, there was someone last year who got an offer literally a couple of days before classes started lol.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be a stupid question but do they randomly select people on waitlist for acceptance (like 1 from spot 28 for eg and 1 from spot 120 etc) or do they start with spot 1 and go onwards?

3 hours ago, robobrain said:

“School will wait for those who were already issued offers to make their decisions. Once that deadline passes for those students to accept or reject the offer, then the school will send out more offers to those on the waitlist based on the remaining spots left.” 

Anyone with an offer from the most recent round willing to share what their deadline was? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, robsonbound said:

Anyone with an offer from the most recent round willing to share what their deadline was? 

I think their deadline was march 26th and I definitely saw some people say that they are declining, so I believe the first waitlist round is going to happen soon

Edited by ADJD1997
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully some of the people waitlisted have gotten accepted at the other schools that just admitted a bunch of people 🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• All a matter of perspective. I found law students on average to be the exact opposite of competitive, actually. Mostly fretful and fearful of competition, on edge all the time, resistant to any signal that there was even a competitive element to careers. Any given class had maybe one or two people who really enjoyed a competitive atmosphere and they generally weren’t liked. People rallied against even so minor an opportunity to test themselves/get better at something that scares them as consequence-free cold calling - this isn’t exactly an ask you get from folks eager to push themselves into uncomfortable terrain and test their mettle. I also did every reading in 1L, exercised 4-5 times a week, slept in every opportunity I could, took unreasonably long lunches to chat with a buddy and never did any work past 8pm. So I second the view that if doing all the work somehow pushes you to very long hours, something else is up. I made a couple good friends in school and a couple good friends seems like a solid outcome. I never expected to like everyone in my field well enough to be close, so the few that were was a nice bonus. And I was glad that most of my long term friends were from outside of law because law students love talking about how stressful school is, which isn’t a feeling I shared, and it was basically taboo to say “this is actually totally manageable” out loud on campus. That last part I think contributed to the stress people experienced. When a room is an echo chamber of anxiety where positivity and optimism and self-confidence are shunned, we’re all more likely to lean into our more anxious and stressed instincts. It also didn’t really bug me to be around folks who came from wealth. I mean, I definitely murmured some condescending comments to myself from time to time. But I had the benefit of having lived in a country/area where people had far, far less than I did growing up, so I knew what it was like to both be the one with a worldview born of relative plenty and relative lack. Which is a good tool to have in the back pocket.
    • Kinda late to the party but Truth Be Told by Beverly McLachlin (former Chief Justice) is a great autobiography of her life, if you're interested in that kind of thing. I feel compelled as a student of philosophy to also add: Apology and Crito by Plato (former is Socrates' trial as he is sentenced to death and latter is a discussion of when (if) injustice is permissible) Politics by Aristotle (for interesting insights in law and leaders) Also, for Russian authors: The Gulag Archipelago (I read the abridged version) by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is a harrowing, brutal account of Russian communism - and important insight into why democracy and a fair justice system is so important.
    • Même chose de mon côté, j'ai 4 sur 30 crédits au certificat et toujours rien... mais ça donne espoir par exemple de savoir qu'une personne au certificat vient d'être admise! ahah
    • Oh, you're a two-year applicant? If so, that makes slightly more sense. The requirements for those with 60-89 credits is higher so I assume they allow themselves more discretion when evaluating. 
    • Waitlisted today.  was hyped but now I see how many people are waitlisted so not hoping for anything  LSAT: 158  L2 GPA: 3.85