After the waitlist release, what can we expect? are there already open spots that they'll fill with another wave off the waitlist or what?

Thanks!

School will wait for those who were already issued offers to make their decisions. Once that deadline passes for those students to accept or reject the offer, then the school will send out more offers to those on the waitlist based on the remaining spots left. Once the deadline for that passes, and if there are any more seats left then they will send out another wave of offers to those remaining on the waitlist. This just goes on repeat, and around July or August, the waitlist will be condensed to include only Manitoba residents, and only those on that list will get the offers from then on. 

This is an ongoing process. Those who already accepted an offer will change their mind and withdraw their acceptance and forfeit their deposit for a variety of reasons. If I remember correctly, there was someone last year who got an offer literally a couple of days before classes started lol.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be a stupid question but do they randomly select people on waitlist for acceptance (like 1 from spot 28 for eg and 1 from spot 120 etc) or do they start with spot 1 and go onwards?

3 hours ago, robobrain said:

“School will wait for those who were already issued offers to make their decisions. Once that deadline passes for those students to accept or reject the offer, then the school will send out more offers to those on the waitlist based on the remaining spots left.” 

Anyone with an offer from the most recent round willing to share what their deadline was? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, robsonbound said:

Anyone with an offer from the most recent round willing to share what their deadline was? 

I think their deadline was march 26th and I definitely saw some people say that they are declining, so I believe the first waitlist round is going to happen soon

Edited by ADJD1997
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully some of the people waitlisted have gotten accepted at the other schools that just admitted a bunch of people 🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1