Sign in to follow this  
Linen

GPA to %

Hello

The Usask chart gives the GPA conversion of a 3.7/4.0 GPA to a 86% and a 3.9/4.0 GPA to a 93%. But how do I know what is in between? Like what does a 3.8/3.83/3.86 out of 4.0 translate to percentagewise? 

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, Linen said:

Hello

The Usask chart gives the GPA conversion of a 3.7/4.0 GPA to a 86% and a 3.9/4.0 GPA to a 93%. But how do I know what is in between? Like what does a 3.8/3.83/3.86 out of 4.0 translate to percentagewise? 

Thanks in advance.

I am curious, what institution do you attend and what is the grading system that they use?

In other words, how do your grades for individual classes appear on your transcript? What does your transcript show as your cumulative grade?

Edited by Staygold

4 hours ago, Staygold said:

I am curious, what institution do you attend and what is the grading system that they use?

In other words, how do your grades for individual classes appear on your transcript? What does your transcript show as your cumulative grade?

Hey, thanks for the response. I go to the University of Calgary, which uses a 4.0 GPA scale. So, they assigned a letter grade at the end of a semester to each course, and each letter corresponds to a specific GPA score:

A+=4.0

A=4.0

A-=3.7

And so on.

And then, your cumulative GPA average is calculated based on that scale (out of 4.0).