smiles22

Thoughts on Harvard Ready?

Posted (edited)

I registered for the Harvard Ready LSAT prep course and I wanted to hear from those of you who have taken this prep course in the past about what your experience was like with them!

Edited by smiles22

Hi smiles! I can't recommend the course enough! Before I signed up for HarvardReady, I went through all the reviews and I was surprised at how many glowing reviews they had (the only negative review I found was on Google reviews and it wasn't even about the course, the person complained about finding parking lmao)! It wasn't until I took the course that I understood where the praise was coming from. Yoni and Allan (@AllanRC) are excellent and patient instructors. They will answer any question you need. Once I had a question about a section and they were kind enough to walk me through it even though class was already finished. The online practice interface is also extremely helpful and they have have lots of practice tests to go through. They provide you with the necessary tools to do well, all that is left is to practice. Make sure you are keeping on top of your homework and doing as many tests as you can without exhausting yourself, I cannot stress this enough. It is very easy to fall behind. You get better at the LSAT the more you are able to practice. HarvardReady taught me how to read and attack questions, but it was practice that allowed me to do the sections in a timely manner. Good luck on your LSAT studying!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ontario said:

Hi smiles! I can't recommend the course enough! Before I signed up for HarvardReady, I went through all the reviews and I was surprised at how many glowing reviews they had (the only negative review I found was on Google reviews and it wasn't even about the course, the person complained about finding parking lmao)! It wasn't until I took the course that I understood where the praise was coming from. Yoni and Allan (@AllanRC) are excellent and patient instructors. They will answer any question you need. Once I had a question about a section and they were kind enough to walk me through it even though class was already finished. The online practice interface is also extremely helpful and they have have lots of practice tests to go through. They provide you with the necessary tools to do well, all that is left is to practice. Make sure you are keeping on top of your homework and doing as many tests as you can without exhausting yourself, I cannot stress this enough. It is very easy to fall behind. You get better at the LSAT the more you are able to practice. HarvardReady taught me how to read and attack questions, but it was practice that allowed me to do the sections in a timely manner. Good luck on your LSAT studying!!! 

I second this. You can't go wrong with HarvardReady. Amazing instructors, loads of prep material and access to about 80 PTs. Good luck with your LSAT!

• Thanks 1

Yoni helped me raise my score from 155 to 164, and that was after I had already taken the Princeton review class. I cannot recommend Yoni enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shawniebear said:

Yoni helped me raise my score from 155 to 164, and that was after I had already taken the Princeton review class. I cannot recommend Yoni enough. 

Actually not my first time hearing Princeton Review wasn't great 

1 minute ago, HopefulLawyer97 said:

Actually not my first time hearing Princeton Review wasn't great 

It was horrible. The girl who was teaching our class was just doing it for one summer before she started law school. The only reason t they hired her is because she scored 99th percentile. She was not a full time LSAT wizard like Yoni, and you could tell. 

15 minutes ago, shawniebear said:

Wait till you meet Kaplan tutors lol

Thank you everyone!! This gives me hope for my horrible diagnostic of 140 

2 hours ago, smiles22 said:

Thank you everyone!! This gives me hope for my horrible diagnostic of 140 

Don’t put too much stock into the diagnostic score. I didn’t even do a diagnostic, but if I did, it probably would’ve been in the 130s. I had no idea how to approach the games at first. My undergrad required very little dense reading and I would fall asleep a quarter of the way into an RC passage. It was bad. Harvard Ready schedules 6 diagnostics throughout the course. After the second one I was already scoring in the high 150s. You’ll see progress pretty quickly as long as you do the homework.

• Like 1

While I never was officially enrolled in the course, Yoni very kindly allowed me to test with his class on Saturday mornings. After every practice exam Yoni sends you a detailed report of your results which breaks down your performance on each of the sections. I found this very helpful because it allowed me to focus on areas that I needed to improve on. Aside from that, Yoni's a great guy - definitely recommend him. 

• Like 1

Good course. I liked all the instructors but I wish I got Yoni as my instructor more often. He's just so much easier to learn from. 

Their method on LG is is sort of unique but I advise you to not follow it very rigidly. In more recent tests, they've been introducing more miscell. games and so you have to think outside the box. Their "chart" method may not work for every game under the sun. 

All in all, good course. 8.5/10 for me. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 3:32 PM, thehandofthelaw said:

Good course. I liked all the instructors but I wish I got Yoni as my instructor more often. He's just so much easier to learn from. 

Their method on LG is is sort of unique but I advise you to not follow it very rigidly. In more recent tests, they've been introducing more miscell. games and so you have to think outside the box. Their "chart" method may not work for every game under the sun. 

All in all, good course. 8.5/10 for me. 

I'd second this. I found HR pretty helpful but stuck to the Powerscore method moreso for the games. I think my test was one of the first ones that had more miscellaneous games and frankly neither PS or HR had me feeling super prepared for those, I'm not really sure what the best way to prep for those are. Yoni may have also changed the approach some since this trend began, might be worth asking him about if you do take the course.

• Like 2

I took the Harvard Ready course last summer. I have nothing bad to say about the LG approach. The course prepared me to attack any game and by the end I was consistently getting -0 on that section. I have no idea what the chart method is. It may be what I did and it may not. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NeverTooLate said:

I took the Harvard Ready course last summer. I have nothing bad to say about the LG approach. The course prepared me to attack any game and by the end I was consistently getting -0 on that section. I have no idea what the chart method is. It may be what I did and it may not. 

I just called it the "chart" method because that's what it looks like; a table with multiple columns and rows preemptively drawn for several possible game boards. But essentially, I am not saying it's bad. I think it works just fine for most games (~95% of games). But let's say you get something like the zephyr airlines game. How would you do that using the method they taught at HarvardReady?. Even Yoni says keep an open mind. Find what is the driving force to help you setup an odd game. 

I used HarvardReady and I highly recommend it! It helped me so much and I got a 161 on my very first LSAT in just 3 months after getting at 147-148 on my first practice test. Yoni was absolutely amazing specifically. Yoni and everybody there really care about each individual student. I would go with them again in a heartbeat if I had to all over again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hopeful96 said:

I used HarvardReady and I highly recommend it! It helped me so much and I got a 161 on my very first LSAT in just 3 months after getting at 147-148 on my first practice test. Yoni was absolutely amazing specifically. Yoni and everybody there really care about each individual student. I would go with them again in a heartbeat if I had to all over again!

Thank you! This gives me hope my diagnostic was a 140