Jump to content
hockeylawyer

April 1 Deadline

Recommended Posts

Hi! I have one offer from Windsor. Wondering what the April 1 deadline means - does that mean midnight tonight, or 11:59 tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the one day really going to sway you that much to make a provisional acceptance if you're waiting on other schools? 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gingerandtonic said:

Is the one day really going to sway you that much to make a provisional acceptance if you're waiting on other schools? 

I thought that provisionally accepting one of the offers I’ve received would cancel the other ones? 

To clarify, I am waiting for Osgoode but still need to make a provisional acceptance for one of the offers I received. So yeah, one day is really going to sway me.

Edited by anc1991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, anc1991 said:

I thought that provisionally accepting one of the offers I’ve received would cancel the other ones? 

To clarify, I am waiting for Osgoode but still need to make a provisional acceptance for one of the offers I received. So yeah, one day is really going to sway me.

If you provisionally accept an offer, it will not prevent you from getting future offers. It will only invalidate the other offers your currently have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it doesn't mean you would cancel the other ones! You can select from the remaining schools you are waiting on if you still want your application to be considered, so those options will remain "active" and you can still provisionally accept from the offers you have now.

This link from OLSAS helped me in that process, because I'm also still waiting on some schools I want to consider: https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-offers/

And on OLSAS once you provisionally accept, it still shows "Still wish to be considered" for all the schools you're waiting on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SadNWO said:

If you provisionally accept an offer, it will not prevent you from getting future offers. It will only invalidate the other offers your currently have.

 

4 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

No it doesn't mean you would cancel the other ones! You can select from the remaining schools you are waiting on if you still want your application to be considered, so those options will remain "active" and you can still provisionally accept from the offers you have now.

This link from OLSAS helped me in that process, because I'm also still waiting on some schools I want to consider: https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-offers/

And on OLSAS once you provisionally accept, it still shows "Still wish to be considered" for all the schools you're waiting on.

I am sorry my post still wasn’t clear. I am trying to decide between Queen’s and Western - while waiting for Osgoode. Apparently I have until EOD tomorrow!

Thank you for your help and if you are also waiting, best of luck :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, carsonpetroz said:

My question is- if I am in at three places and waiting on one- does my accepting one of the three mean that I lose the other two offers? Like if I am in at school A, B, and C and waiting on D. If I accept C, do I lose A and B?

Hi Carson! Yes, if you accept C, you lose A and B. You are only left with C while you wait for a decision from D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ontario said:

Hi Carson! Yes, if you accept C, you lose A and B. You are only left with C while you wait for a decision from D 

Even if I indicate that I still want to be considered at schools A and B? Shoot, didn't know that. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carsonpetroz said:

Even if I indicate that I still want to be considered at schools A and B? Shoot, didn't know that. Thank you!

You said you were in at schools A and B. How can you be in but still indicate you want to be considered? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When I provisionally accept, it makes me mark off where I still want to be considered. Like I can provisionally accept C, and then hold my spot at A and B. 

Edited by carsonpetroz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tornyc said:

You said you were in at schools A and B. How can you be in but still indicate you want to be considered? 

Sorry, that makes sense. Didn't realize that was how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, carsonpetroz said:

When I provisionally accept, it makes me mark off where I still want to be considered. Like I can provisionally accept C, and then hold my spot at A and B. 

If you have three offers right now, you have to pick one and the other two will be gone. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on, people, this isn't that difficult to understand. If you have more than one Ontario offer, you need to make your decision as to which one to provisionally accept and the other offers of admission that you have already received will be gone!  If you have ON schools where you have yet to receive a decision, you will be able to still be considered for those schools. Tomorrow is the deadline but I strongly recommend that you do not leave it until the last minute.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys if I have an acceptance from A/B/C right now but I am waiting on D and E could I decline all three A/B/C and still be considered for the other two past April 1st? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KelvinJD said:

Hey guys if I have an acceptance from A/B/C right now but I am waiting on D and E could I decline all three A/B/C and still be considered for the other two past April 1st? 

omg do not do this LOL. You have no guarantee right now you will get either D or E. Choose amongst A/B/C right now to secure yourself a spot in law school for September, while you wait too hear back from D and E! Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ontario said:

omg do not do this LOL. You have no guarantee right now you will get either D or E. Choose amongst A/B/C right now to secure yourself a spot in law school for September, while you wait too hear back from D and E! Good luck

Whoops I forgot to mention I have acceptances out of the province that I would choose over the accepted Ontario schools! My only concern was on OLSAS when I wanted to decline a school, the section "choose schools that you would like to still be considered for" was only available for provisional acceptances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anc1991 said:

 

I am sorry my post still wasn’t clear. I am trying to decide between Queen’s and Western - while waiting for Osgoode. Apparently I have until EOD tomorrow!

Thank you for your help and if you are also waiting, best of luck :D

I think its 4PM tmo for Queens!

My offer said: "This offer of admission will remain open for your acceptance until April 01 by 4:00 pm." I would double check your offer just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KelvinJD said:

Whoops I forgot to mention I have acceptances out of the province that I would choose over the accepted Ontario schools! My only concern was on OLSAS when I wanted to decline a school, the section "choose schools that you would like to still be considered for" was only available for provisional acceptances

So if you have been admitted into schools A/B/C and are waiting to hear back from D/E, you cannot decline all 3 schools per se. Like you said, the option to decline schools is available after you have chosen a provisional acceptance to one of the Ontario schools. If you chose a firm acceptance, then all of your applications (ones you have heard back from and ones you HAVE NOT heard back from) will be closed. 

Rather than declining, you can let the offers expire if you plan on selecting an out of province school over the current Ontario offers you have. Although, I'm not sure if that is advisable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...