Jperl5553

is early waitlist a good sign?

Hi,

I was put on the waitlist for the regular JD on Feb. 26th. Seeing as how that is very early to be put on a waitlist I am wondering if this a good sign. 

No one knows. I've been on the waitlist since January and no news yet but in the past years I have seen people getting off the waitlist so maybe there's still a chance.

A good sign would be getting accepted right away.

Getting waitlisted (at any point) doesn't mean your chances of admission are 0%, but its far from being even at 50%. The time of being waitlisted likely doesn't have an effect on admission chances, it probably just means they reviewed your application earlier than others.

44 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Windsor's waitlist is ledgendary

I'll give it that. I think I recall in a past year someone being waitlisted one day and accepted the next.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, underrated said:

I'll give it that. I think I recall in a past year someone being waitlisted one day and accepted the next.

Don't hold your breath 

It doesn't mean anything other than the person who reviewed your application did so quickly and determined you were a waitlist candidate. 

I've read it's hard to say with Windsor, I've been waitlisted since first week of February and I haven't heard anything back yet either! Judging from past threads, it's not necessarily a good or bad thing because many people waitlisted in April have been accepted by May, and some people waitlisted in February had to wait till July to be accepted (or at least that's when they posted) :)