foodie1

Higher # of applicants this year - why?

3 hours ago, Ontario said:

I think it also has to do with Kim Kardashian studying law. She inspired a lot of young people in this generation to become jurists 

Lord, help us all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2021 at 6:01 PM, easttowest said:

Same thing happened in 2008 and a few years after that.

When the economy tanks or looks like it might, people want to stay in school rather than deal with that. 

This. It's the advice I got from someone back in September - he said this year will likely have many more applicants due to COVID & he was right. He mentioned that typically when a recession happens or economy tanks, people turn to applying for schools because they have the time. It happened in 2008. He also predicts that the market will be terrible for the next few years and that this is the best time to go back to school - when we graduate, that's when things will start looking up again. 

Edited by Relentless2017

33 minutes ago, Relentless2017 said:

This. It's the advice I got from someone back in September - he said this year will likely have many more applicants due to COVID & he was right. He mentioned that typically when a recession happens or economy tanks, people turn to applying for schools because they have the time. It happened in 2008. He also predicts that the market will be terrible for the next few years and that this is the best time to go back to school - when we graduate, that's when things will start looking up again. 

The market isn't terrible. Every lawyer I know is busier than they've ever been.

• Like 12

On 3/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, Ontario said:

I think it also has to do with Kim Kardashian studying law. She inspired a lot of young people in this generation to become jurists 

When I don't have the will to study for finals, I think about Kim K and the inspiration surges in like a roaring waterfall.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, erinl2 said:

The market isn't terrible. Every lawyer I know is busier than they've ever been.

The CBABC jobs posting mail out has been blowing up.