Jump to content
TheMidnightOil

Waiting still? Post your stats and discuss.

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, raybens said:

I'm graduating this semester from my undergrad, I took the three year option of my degree so I just have the bachelor's.

wait your degree was 3 years long? so you started in 2018, is that right? In that case, were you considered a 2 year applicant with 60-89 credits completed before admissions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, maybemaybe said:

wait your degree was 3 years long? so you started in 2018, is that right? In that case, were you considered a 2 year applicant with 60-89 credits completed before admissions?

No, I am considered a four year applicant. I have the same amount of credits as a 4 year applicant I just did semesters with 6-7 courses instead of 4-5 basically. I also went straight through the summer. DM me and I can explain more if you're interested haha

Edited by raybens
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all. The FB group has 132 members and isn't the class size like 150? Do I freak out bc I haven't been accepted yet?

Though the 2023 law class group has like ~450 members so who knows. Why would the 2023 group have so many members?? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the people in the group are second and third year students. So number may be a bit inflated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s at least 3 upper year students. Also in previous years the total number of seats was around 182-186. So don’t freak out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

156 and a 3.9 flat L2

I probably would have been alright in any previous year, but I don't think it's in the cards for me. It feels like I'm on the wrong side of the bubble.

I'm going to focus on work for a year and rewrite the LSAT. I''m confident I can improve, regardless of whether they take the highest score again next year or average them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, TheMidnightOil said:

Thread idea shamelessly stolen from the UBC forum, which itself was taken from the UofT forum.

Here's what I'm curious about: the extent to which the waves are declining in index score; whether GPA or LSAT is lopsided at all for those of us still waiting; and, from the previous two, if we can examine the validity of the unofficial index calculator for this year. Some might say this sort of speculation is a tremendous waste of time and energy. Agreed. Anyway,

The index calculator is: (GPA of your most recent 60 credits on a 4.0 scale)(22.5) + (highest LSAT score). So, an example would be: (3.88)(22.5) + (159) = 246.3.

To start, my stats are 3.96/158/247.1.

did you not get in yet? Your index is pretty high!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheMidnightOil said:

I did, thankfully.

 

oh congrats! Was is based on your index or was it a holistic application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, maybemaybe said:

oh congrats! Was is based on your index or was it a holistic application?

Index calculation. Holistic admits come in May, I think.

Edited by TheMidnightOil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, LegalZeke said:

Not really expecting an acceptance but to help with your research, I'm still waiting. Here are my stats:

3.52/164/243.2

is 3.52 your last 60 credits? Because in some of your previous posts it looks like you wrote that you have a 3.7 l2. In that case, I would think that a 3.7 and 164 lsat has a really good shot of getting in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maybemaybe said:

is 3.52 your last 60 credits? Because in some of your previous posts it looks like you wrote that you have a 3.7 l2. In that case, I would think that a 3.7 and 164 lsat has a really good shot of getting in!

Hey. 3.7 L2 on a 4.33 scale. UofA uses 4.0 which is why I’ve calculated 3.52 in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LegalZeke said:

Hey. 3.7 L2 on a 4.33 scale. UofA uses 4.0 which is why I’ve calculated 3.52 in this thread.

What was your percentage? I had a 4.25-4.3/4/3 and it converted to 4.0 based on percentage (~97% average), i'm surprised it goes from a 3.7 to a 3.52! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 12:02 AM, peachesnbees said:

Y'all. The FB group has 132 members and isn't the class size like 150? Do I freak out bc I haven't been accepted yet?

Though the 2023 law class group has like ~450 members so who knows. Why would the 2023 group have so many members?? 

I thought class size was 140ish. That was the number of admitted applicants last year..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, raybens said:

What was your percentage? I had a 4.25-4.3/4/3 and it converted to 4.0 based on percentage (~97% average), i'm surprised it goes from a 3.7 to a 3.52! 

Maybe I miscalculated 🤔. I have a 81% L2  but calculated my GPA based on each letter grade for the last 60 credits if that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegalZeke said:

Maybe I miscalculated 🤔. I have a 81% L2  but calculated my GPA based on each letter grade for the last 60 credits if that makes sense.

Ohh gotchya, https://gradecalc.info/ca/ab/ualberta/gpa_calc.pl this website might help! Its kinda hard to tell because courses can have different percent to letter grade to GPA comparison. My program had 4.0 at 90% and 4.3 at 95% and above so our 4.0 was the same as 4.0 at UofA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, raybens said:

Ohh gotchya, https://gradecalc.info/ca/ab/ualberta/gpa_calc.pl this website might help! Its kinda hard to tell because courses can have different percent to letter grade to GPA comparison. My program had 4.0 at 90% and 4.3 at 95% and above so our 4.0 was the same as 4.0 at UofA. 

Thanks! Just used it and it has me at a 3.54. Maybe I'm mistaken with my GPA on a 4.3 scale. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lsat: 163

L2: 3.48

Still hopeful. Got an offer from TRU, and waiting on U of C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSAT: 160

L2: 3.75

 

Worst comes to worst I am happy with my backup school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...