TheMidnightOil

Waiting still? Post your stats and discuss.

4 minutes ago, dalpaengi said:

I think it's about time to ask for stats verification without feeling bad about it, especially if you see someone with both a higher GPA and LSAT in the accepted thread.

What do you mean? Do you think people have been untruthful about their stats in the admissions thread? Or do you mean that my stats need to be verified? 

1 minute ago, peachesnbees said:

Damn. I'm still holding out hope just based on the fact that the 2024 law fb group is still pretty small, but that could be due to people simply not joining yet. This cycle is giving me grey hair lol. 

I know the feeling :( . Though, I think acceptances still trickle throughout this month, but not in waves. Either way, your strong statistics will help you significantly in the holistic round. Make sure you've calculated your stats correctly, too: include Wi2020 credits but not the grades, and round to the hundredth, not tenth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peachesnbees said:

What do you mean? Do you think people have been untruthful about their stats in the admissions thread? Or do you mean that my stats need to be verified? 

I mean you should ask U of A admissions to verify that they have your GPA calculated correctly. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, peachesnbees said:

They also mentioned in an email a couple months ago that they'll start doing these GPA calculations starting April or May.

Just now, dalpaengi said:

I mean you should ask U of A admissions to verify that they have your GPA calculated correctly. 

Oh gotcha. I had problems when I applied to the U of A for my undergrad (my application got all screwed up in the queue) so it's definitely possible. Maybe I'll shoot them an email. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TheMidnightOil said:

I know the feeling :( . Though, I think acceptances still trickle throughout this month, but not in waves. Either way, your strong statistics will help you significantly in the holistic round. Make sure you've calculated your stats correctly, too: include Wi2020 credits but not the grades, and round to the hundredth, not tenth.

Ahh this is thrilling and not what I was expecting at all. I was dying to get waitlisted with my low LSAT avg of 154.5. Right now, people with almost identical stats or lower than me are getting accepted. This is bringing me back to life, but I might be a bit too excited.

I calculated my marks 5 times at a 3.851 and a highest 158 LSAT. I'm scratching my head, wondering if I'm really close to the finish line or still far behind. 

One thing I can assume probably is that there will be people rejecting their offers so there has to be more acceptances and a waitlist, as well as the holistic review round. 

You bet though, I am still preparing for a rejection and am well ready to buy myself a celebration or rejection cake.

Edited by seallover

1 minute ago, seallover said:

Ahh this is thrilling and not what I was expecting at all. I was dying to get waitlisted with my low LSAT avg of 154.5. Right now, people with almost identical stats or lower than me are getting accepted. This is bringing me back to life, but I might be a bit too excited.

I calculated my marks 5 times at a 3.851 and a highest 158 LSAT. I'm scratching my head, wondering if I'm really close to the finish line or still far behind. 

One thing I can assume probably is that there will be people rejecting their offers so there has to be more acceptances and a waitlist, as well as the holistic review round. 

You bet though, I am still preparing for a rejection and am well ready to buy myself a celebration or rejection cake.

You are right at that line. There is a realistic possibility of rejection, but also a more realistic possibility for eventual acceptance.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheMidnightOil said:

You are right at that line. There is a realistic possibility of rejection, but also a more realistic possibility for eventual acceptance.

Thanks for your hopeful take! I am just looking at the applicant profile list and am amazed how drastic this year's is going to be.

Here's the applicant profile of 2020-2021 as a refresher

Around 13 people were accepted with an L2 of 3.8-3.7 with a LSAT of 157-158. I'm definitely a bit more optimistic. Praying that there will be a wave that we weren't expecting with the new admission. Will likely send out an email to the admission next week to see my GPA calculation.

Just now, seallover said:

Thanks for your hopeful take! I am just looking at the applicant profile list and am amazed how drastic this year's is going to be.

Here's the applicant profile of 2020-2021 as a refresher

Around 13 people were accepted with an L2 of 3.8-3.7 with a LSAT of 157-158. I'm definitely a bit more optimistic. Praying that there will be a wave that we weren't expecting with the new admission. Will likely send out an email to the admission next week to see my GPA calculation.

Yes, definitely get that GPA confirmed.

I'm rooting for you!

• Like 1

I honestly just think they are slow to get through the applicants. From another thread there were quite a few people who posted their stats and I am below a lot of them and yet those people have not posted their acceptances. I think they just need to finish reviewing everyone.

Also, we really haven't seen big waves like before.  Yesterday quite a few people posted but on previous dates it appears to just be one or two at a time. I do not want to get anyone's hopes up too much but the UofA facebook page only has 96 members. I know a lot of people might not know about it or they might not have FB but I would be surprised if the school had accepted close to the usual 180 and only just over half joined the page.

• Thanks 1

Very good point, they do accept ~140 in the regular process. It would be interesting if they just sent out 50 acceptances yesterday and who knows if I'm at the cut-off.

Can't believe I'm even at this stage thinking about this is possible, I'm a bit optimistic that there's got to be some movement after some people reject. Oh welp, hope I am able to stick to the waitlist.

Do we think that think this might be the holistic round?

I am right on the edge, 3.9 L2 and 156 LSAT.

I am just wondering if personal statements are pushing people over the edge or holding people back. 

57 minutes ago, PeanutLawyer said:

I am just wondering if personal statements are pushing people over the edge or holding people back. 

We don't

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PeanutLawyer said:

Good luck! Yes, I am on the same edge as you ahhhh. Seems like someone with very similar stats as you got in too.

I went ahead and still shot them an email to see my GPA calculation because I'm sensing something is not quite right since if they're (just looking at marks) mine would be higher than some that have been accepted but maybe they're still going to send a few more acceptances. 

Maybe they have a more complex system, yikes I'm not too sure. 

1 minute ago, seallover said:

Good luck! Yes, I am on the same edge as you ahhhh. Seems like someone with very similar stats as you got in too.

I went ahead and still shot them an email to see my GPA calculation because I'm sensing something is not quite right since if they're (just looking at marks) mine would be higher than some that have been accepted but maybe they're still going to send a few more acceptances. 

Maybe they have a more complex system, yikes I'm not too sure. 

That is a good idea! I just self calculated mine again, and I don't know why it would be anything different than what I calculated. 

I literally feel like I am checking every 10 minutes. After seeing the stats drop a bit it really got me optimistic again. My fingers are so crossed they are stuck this way. lol 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PeanutLawyer said:

That is a good idea! I just self calculated mine again, and I don't know why it would be anything different than what I calculated. 

I literally feel like I am checking every 10 minutes. After seeing the stats drop a bit it really got me optimistic again. My fingers are so crossed they are stuck this way. lol 

Yes, it really looks like that!! I have this uneasy feeling whether they're going to waitlist everyone and then send out acceptances in May after the deadline.

Yikes, this will be interesting. But hey, hope it helps knowing that you're not the only one feeling this way! I'm try control myself to wait until the end of the day to check, but lol that is not easy.

Edited by seallover
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:54 PM, raybens said:

Anxiously waiting

4.0/157/247

Wow, I'm a pretty surprised by this! 247 index is really high and I just talked to someone who applied in 3rd year with the same index. I think you should be accepted

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, maybemaybe said:

Wow, I'm a pretty surprised by this! 247 index is really high and I just talked to someone who applied in 3rd year with the same index. I think you should be accepted

@raybens got in 🤣

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dalpaengi said:

@raybens got in 🤣

Oh thats great! Congrats @raybens! may i ask how much education you did? So did you finish an undergrad degree?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, maybemaybe said:

Oh thats great! Congrats @raybens! may i ask how much education you did? So did you finish an undergrad degree?

I'm graduating this semester from my undergrad, I took the three year option of my degree so I just have the bachelor's.

Edited by raybens
  • Like 1