TheMidnightOil

Waiting still? Post your stats and discuss.

Just now, Ttallent said:

Same. Although they have been increasing each year 25 (I think in 2018) -> 36 -> 40 in 2020 so they may have already decided to set aside a set number of seats before evaluations. Who knows. This whole thing is exhausting.

Yeah, I wonder if they decide how many seats beforehand? I think the more likely scenario is that they get as many "attractive" candidates as possible and go holistic with whatever is left.

• Like 1

Can someone please help clear my understanding? Thanks :)

I'm on the understanding that they read holistic applicants in April, but I'm also hearing that they will be sending out their second wave of acceptances in April. Are those two different waves because I might have assumed they were the same? Or do they read the personal statements of everyone in April? 

3 hours ago, seallover said:

Can someone please help clear my understanding? Thanks :)

I'm on the understanding that they read holistic applicants in April, but I'm also hearing that they will be sending out their second wave of acceptances in April. Are those two different waves because I might have assumed they were the same? Or do they read the personal statements of everyone in April? 

from my personal experience, they are separate. 2nd wave regular offers fill up remaining spots 1st round applicants rejected. Then in May the holistic review takes place to fill the limited spots allocated for holistic students (can be as low as 8, as high as 40) so who knows. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mikeross5 said:

Can someone tell me what my index score is? 

lsat-158 

gpa- 3.85 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:41 PM, lawstudentthree said:

Have you gotten accepted anywhere else? 

Not yet... the only other school I applied to was UVic. 

On 3/21/2021 at 1:24 PM, pleaseadmitme said:

~3.6 if i calculated properly, 159. (so a 240 lol)

not really expecting anything at this point. i might have a solid chance if they read my PS. varsity athlete in leadership positions, volunteer work, political office experience. i discovered i had adhd pretty late into my degree and beyond when i could have retaken the lsat and based on my experience post diagnosis, would have done a lot better if i had known earlier, and will probably continue to improve. but we'll see. if i don't get in this year, i have a job lined up that i can keep for the year then reapply. if that happens my lowest term won't be part of my L20 anymore and this current term will (modest estimates if i stay on track this term would put my L2 to a 3.85...)  

Did you add that you have ADHD to your PS? I was also diagnosed but in my 2nd year. Talked about it in my PS and submitted medical docs from my doctor to support it. I have the exact same stats as you and similar EC's and got in. I hope you hear back soon :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LostInTheLaws said:

Did you add that you have ADHD to your PS? I was also diagnosed but in my 2nd year. Talked about it in my PS and submitted medical docs from my doctor to support it. I have the exact same stats as you and similar EC's and got in. I hope you hear back soon :)

i did include it! i didn't know that you could include documentation, so i didn't include that. thank you for your response, i needed the optimism :) 

59 minutes ago, pleaseadmitme said:

i did include it! i didn't know that you could include documentation, so i didn't include that. thank you for your response, i needed the optimism :) 

My pleasure! if you have any medical docs, you could give it a shot and send them to the admissions office. If they haven't made a decision on your file yet, they made take it into consideration. 

Same thing as U of C - So now that the deposit deadline has passed, do we expect to hear something back this week or maybe see a wave of acceptances or declines soon? Literally checking so often......

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PeanutLawyer said:

Same thing as U of C - So now that the deposit deadline has passed, do we expect to hear something back this week or maybe see a wave of acceptances or declines soon? Literally checking so often......

My guess is more people will get in this week but there's no way to know. Trying to hold myself to checking once a day so I don't go insane haha 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PeanutLawyer said:

If I were to guess purely on speculation, they probably wouldn't do acceptances today since they it's the first day coming back from the long weekend. At most possibly, rejections and waitlists?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeanutLawyer said:

Since they tend to like Fridays I would say this Friday at the earliest.

• Like 1

The latest round appears to still be regular admissions judging from the stats. 

1 minute ago, dalpaengi said:

The latest round appears to still be regular admissions judging from the stats. 

Yes, I'm almost certain that it is. Holistic round should start in May, I think.

21 minutes ago, TheMidnightOil said:

Yes, I'm almost certain that it is. Holistic round should start in May, I think.

Do you think there will be more regular admissions in the coming weeks? I have pretty decent stats (3.7/163) and I still haven't heard anything so I'm starting to become really concerned. 

1 minute ago, peachesnbees said:

Do you think there will be more regular admissions in the coming weeks? I have pretty decent stats (3.7/163) and I still haven't heard anything so I'm starting to become really concerned. 

Judging by the past two years, there's only one wave in April, and then the holistic round starts in May. Hopefully there's another one this year :( 

1 minute ago, peachesnbees said:

I think it's about time to ask for stats verification without feeling bad about it, especially if you see someone with both a higher GPA and LSAT in the accepted thread.

2 minutes ago, TheMidnightOil said:

Judging by the past two years, there's only one wave in April, and then the holistic round starts in May. Hopefully there's another one this year :( 

Damn. I'm still holding out hope just based on the fact that the 2024 law fb group is still pretty small, but that could be due to people simply not joining yet. This cycle is giving me grey hair lol.