TheMidnightOil

Waiting still? Post your stats and discuss.

Thread idea shamelessly stolen from the UBC forum, which itself was taken from the UofT forum.

Here's what I'm curious about: the extent to which the waves are declining in index score; whether GPA or LSAT is lopsided at all for those of us still waiting; and, from the previous two, if we can examine the validity of the unofficial index calculator for this year. Some might say this sort of speculation is a tremendous waste of time and energy. Agreed. Anyway,

The index calculator is: (GPA of your most recent 60 credits on a 4.0 scale)(22.5) + (highest LSAT score). So, an example would be: (3.88)(22.5) + (159) = 246.3.

To start, my stats are 3.96/158/247.1.

• Like 2

Not really expecting an acceptance but to help with your research, I'm still waiting. Here are my stats:

3.52/164/243.2

• Thanks 1

Still waiting as well. I'm really hopeful as UofA would be my top choice.

~3.6 / 164 / 244 index 

• Thanks 1

I'll bite!

L2: 3.46 (self calculated)

LSAT: 165

Index: 242.85

Not sure what will happen but happy to be trying anyway!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

L2: 3.85 - 3.9

LSAT: 151, 158

Index: 244.62 *if I calculate my lowest possible GPA and take my highest LSAT.

Not expecting much, I'm honestly gunning for the holistic round to see if I have a chance cause neither U of A, U of C, and even UBC has accepted anyone lower than a 159. Because of the higher competition this year, I don't think I'll get in, but have not given up hope entirely. To my surprise, I  got accepted in the very first round at TRU, which makes me wonder whether I have at least something substantial in my statement.

Of course, I'm aware others aren't as lucky as us who are already accepted somewhere else! Sorry if that annoying because it is definitely not the same stressful wait you might be experiencing!

Edited by seallover
Me no English
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, raybens said:

Anxiously waiting

4.0/157/247

Wow! If this is calculated correctly, looks like my previous speculations of 246/247+ are not so crazy.

Edited by LSATGRIND69
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LSATGRIND69 said:

Wow! If this is calculated correctly, looks like my previous speculations of 246/247+ are not so crazy.

I really hope you're right, I am really struggling to maintain any sort of hope that I will get in because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. It's hard to know if I will even get waitlisted. Im -1/2 index points of the recent people to get in, but my low LSAT score really sets me back I think

• Like 1

~3.6 if i calculated properly, 159. (so a 240 lol)

not really expecting anything at this point. i might have a solid chance if they read my PS. varsity athlete in leadership positions, volunteer work, political office experience. i discovered i had adhd pretty late into my degree and beyond when i could have retaken the lsat and based on my experience post diagnosis, would have done a lot better if i had known earlier, and will probably continue to improve. but we'll see. if i don't get in this year, i have a job lined up that i can keep for the year then reapply. if that happens my lowest term won't be part of my L20 anymore and this current term will (modest estimates if i stay on track this term would put my L2 to a 3.85...)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

L2: 3.81 155 LSAT so 240.7 LOL 

def not holding out any hope- if anything were to come of it I’d assume it’ll be in the holistic round. I got into TRU so hopefully my personal statement/EC’s help me out a bit. 

either way, u of a, u of c and TRU were my top choices. Happy I got into atleast one of them :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PeanutLawyer said:

Literally pulling my hair out but fingers crossed! 

3.9 and 156 - 243.8 

I had these identical stats and was admitted January 2019. Thats too bad things seem to be different this year 

I got in mid to late February in 2019 with a 3.86 GPA and 155 LSAT. I confirmed my L2 GPA with them in late April 2019, the adcom was very happy to share the exact calculation of my GPA. Y'all can do the same in a few weeks to see once and for all what your calculated stats are ( I had some classmates overestimate their GPA, others had strange conversions from other schools, etc)

• Like 3