Jump to content
Lovethesush

McGill/UdeM Law CEGEP 2021

Recommended Posts

Hey y’all! 
It’s that time of year again :’)

I thought its be good to have a forum for us so that we know what’s going on...McGill interviews and acceptances are super unpredictable.

Proposed format:

R-score:

CV: 

Ps:

LoRs:

Comments:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lovethesush said:

Hey y’all! 
It’s that time of year again :’)

I thought its be good to have a forum for us so that we know what’s going on...McGill interviews and acceptances are super unpredictable.

Proposed format:

R-score:

CV: 

Ps:

LoRs:

Comments:

I’ll start!

R-score: 36.2

CV: good! I did some volunteering at a law firm and do some sports.

Ps: ok...probably the weakest part of my app

LoRs: good (from what I know)

Comments: excited to see what’s ahead 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Thanks for starting this topic, and good luck in your application!

R-score: 34.5

CV: Pretty solid, I've got a lot of leadership positions in and out of school and volunteer work. 

Ps: I worked a lot on it, but I'm really sure how good it is.

LoRs: I think they're good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for starting the topic. Good luck to everyone!

R-score: 34.6

CV: Ok, I did a little of everything, including publication of artistic works. 

Ps: Pretty solid.

LoRs: Good to my knowledge

Comments: Very stressed and nervous, but still excited. I hope I get an interview at the very least. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an interview earlier this week!

R-score: 37+

CV: I think it was good. I was really involved in CEGEP.

Ps: It was quite personal. I put in a lot of effort and I think it came across.

LoRs: I had the opportunity to read them and they were super sweet :).

Comments: pretty hyped but nervous....what a crazy time. Sending good vibes to everyone on this forum, hopefully we'll all be together in class next year. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 11:50 PM, Cyasoonk said:

Got an interview earlier this week!

R-score: 37+

CV: I think it was good. I was really involved in CEGEP.

Ps: It was quite personal. I put in a lot of effort and I think it came across.

LoRs: I had the opportunity to read them and they were super sweet :).

Comments: pretty hyped but nervous....what a crazy time. Sending good vibes to everyone on this forum, hopefully we'll all be together in class next year. 
 

Congratulations for your interview! Do you mind sharing how it went and what they asked you? I hope you get admitted, your stats are super impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eythalaw said:

Congratulations for your interview! Do you mind sharing how it went and what they asked you? I hope you get admitted, your stats are super impressive!

I'm pretty sure they signed a Non-disclosure agreement and that he won't be able to say what they asked him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lebossdu12 said:

I'm pretty sure they signed a Non-disclosure agreement and that he won't be able to say what they asked him.

People in previous years have talked about details of their interviews on this forum. I doubt they're making you sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Melo452 said:

People in previous years have talked about details of their interviews on this forum. I doubt they're making you sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Yeah, from what I've read on previous forums (and what was written in my interview email), they'll ask you "why McGill", "why law" and "why now, as opposed to in three years, after an undergraduate degree", as well as more precise questions about your application. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, NextElleWoods said:

Yeah, from what I've read on previous forums (and what was written in my interview email), they'll ask you "why McGill", "why law" and "why now, as opposed to in three years, after an undergraduate degree", as well as more precise questions about your application. 

I did an interview last year. That's exactly correct, and they definitely did not ask me to sign an NDA. They may also ask you about your opinion on current issues (ex: the pandemic) close to the end of the interview, so make sure to follow the news and try to identify the legal implications of the issues (ex: the pandemic slowing down the judicial system). Make sure to demonstrate your fluency in both French and English, but don't switch languages all the time. Last thing: I don't know if it happens often, but my interviewers were really playing "good cop, bad cop". One was charming and asked the regular questions ("Why McGill, why law, etc.") and the other was rude and asked extremely tough questions. 

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JudgeMehmedII said:

I did an interview last year. That's exactly correct, and they definitely did not ask me to sign an NDA. They may also ask you about your opinion on current issues (ex: the pandemic) close to the end of the interview, so make sure to follow the news and try to identify the legal implications of the issues (ex: the pandemic slowing down the judicial system). Make sure to demonstrate your fluency in both French and English, but don't switch languages all the time. Last thing: I don't know if it happens often, but my interviewers were really playing "good cop, bad cop". One was charming and asked the regular questions ("Why McGill, why law, etc.") and the other was rude and asked extremely tough questions. 

Cheers!

Thanks a lot! That's super useful :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey!

For those interested you can send me a direct message, I completed my interview yesterday and it went great. For me I did not have good cop bad cop. It was short, but I think that was specific to my circumstances (I can talk about that too). Know your current events, that helped me a ton!

P.S. I'm actually a gal did not know I came off as a guy through typing lol.  Also unlike other programs there is no NDA

Edited by Cyasoonk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cyasoonk said:

Hey!

For those interested you can send me a direct message, I completed my interview yesterday and it went great. For me I did not have good cop bad cop. It was short, but I think that was specific to my circumstances (I can talk about that too). Know your current events, that helped me a ton!

P.S. I'm actually a gal did not know I came off as a guy through typing lol.  Also unlike other programs there is no NDA

Same here, feel free to reach out to me, I had my interview today! The interviewers were surprisingly friendly, and my interview was only 20 minutes long. And yep, make sure to kind of know what's happening in the news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...