dillpickly

To the people waiting

1 hour ago, splittinrocks said:

Also just as a final comment, I’d be ecstatic if I saw all the people who had been accepted into my desired program were posting that they were declining their offers.

Every single one of those declined offers is an available seat!

Seriously. My internal response every time I see this is "thank you for your service". 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, CleanHands said:

lol, what the hell are you talking about?

If you find people declining offers "beyond irritating" due to your envy over them turning down an option you wish that you had, then the only nerve touched is yours, dude.

The idea that people are applying to USask to get offers as a "flex" is quite laughable. 

My post was a tiny vent with a poorly executed attempt at some humor mixed in. Mildly envious - true. 

4 hours ago, Borker said:

Is it sarcasm or are you actually trying to make a point here?

Yes, sarcastic completely.

• Like 3

On 3/10/2021 at 11:35 AM, dillpickly said:

It appears that many of the people being accepted are deciding to go elsewhere. How many people are still waiting to hear from the U of S that would accept the offer? 

Still waiting, U of S is my first choice because my significant other lives there (not sure if that is a strong or low connection)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SimmyJ said:

Anyone hear anything over the last few days? 

Would not surprise me if they are now waiting for winter grades to come in before the next round of offers.

I'm blaming that boat in the Suez canal... Clearly it connects to the Saskatchewan River and all the new offers are stuck behind it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, HarryCrane said:

Would not surprise me if they are now waiting for winter grades to come in before the next round of offers.

I checked last years thread and they had a gap in acceptances from mid-march to mid-april so hopefully this year is the same and we should start seeing more decisions being made in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

The deadline for some people to submit their seat despot is March 31st. They may also be waiting to see who accepts or not. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've declined my offer in favour of one of the Alberta schools, so hopefully that's one extra seat available for you guys.

I do feel a little bummed about it. I do feel very attached to Saskatoon; it's where I was born and for awhile there I thought I would be coming back for law school. But in the end it didn't make as much sense for me for both personal and financial reasons. Good luck to all of you who will be part of the U of S Law Class of 2024!

• Like 8

Just wanted to say another spot is available just declined my offer of admission, decided staying in Alberta is better for now. Good luck to everyone waiting to be accepted! 

• Like 4