Cangirl5612

Zoom virtual admission welcome March 12

Anyone planning on “attending” next Friday? Did any past students find it helpful? Thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cangirl5612 said:

Anyone planning on “attending” next Friday? Did any past students find it helpful? Thanks!

Theyve gotta accept me first. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DRonTheGr8 said:

Same! I'd love to attend but I need to be accepted first! 

• Like 1

Didn’t mean to come off as ungrateful! Just want to know if it’s worth missing work for. Best of luck to you guys! 😊

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DRonTheGr8 said:

On that note, where do you think they are in the admissions timeline, halfway? Starting to really regret I didn't apply as soon as applications opened up

Edited by toastedguac
  • Like 1

Planning on attending! I got a reminder to RSVP email but I had already sent my RSVP, not sure if they just sent the reminder to everyone or if they didn't get my email. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RUIQ said:

Planning on attending! I got a reminder to RSVP email but I had already sent my RSVP, not sure if they just sent the reminder to everyone or if they didn't get my email. 

Yeah I am in the same boat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toastedguac said:

On that note, where do you think they are in the admissions timeline, halfway? Starting to really regret I didn't apply as soon as applications opened up

They're still admitting the late November applicants currently. So about halfway give or take.

19 hours ago, RUIQ said:

I got the reminder too!

I'm going to attend as well. :)

• Like 2

How did it go? What did it entail? I had work that day so missed out (only got accepted Wednesday so didn't have the chance to move things around.

47 minutes ago, Naj said:

How did it go? What did it entail? I had work that day so missed out (only got accepted Wednesday so didn't have the chance to move things around.

It went well! I’m glad I ended up “attending”. It was basically a bunch of alumnis talking about how great uvic is. It was tailored towards selling us on the school, which I didn’t realize as I had thought everyone who was invited had to have already accepted their offer. There was a Q+A portion as well but I don’t remember any questions being answered that haven’t already been answered on this forum. Someone did ask about whether classes will be in-person and they did say that they were planning for them to be, so I guess there’s that. 

• Like 1