acceptance

chance of getting in (2.9, 143)

if i got a 143 and my GPA converted on a 4.0 scale is around a 2.9 but I have amazing references and strong PS.

What are my chances of getting in?

I also accidentally wrote dual J.D in my personal statement but I uploaded a revised one

i am applying to single 

Realistically speaking, close to none. 
Even though Windsor has a holistic approach to admissions, I doubt that a strong PS and ECs will make up for below average LSAT and GPA.

• Like 1

Unfortunately everyone has great references and I’d say the majority will have a very strong PS. Realistically You’re going to have to get that LSAT score up to counter your low GPA. (Speaking as a mature applicant with a low GPA!) 

• Like 2

What category did you apply under? If general I'd say you're not getting in. But I can't speak for other categories. 

I'd advise rewriting for the next cycle. With your gpa you should aim for at least a 165. 

• Like 2

Predicting Windsor requires a seance but 143 is low. You’re going to need to pull that up. Everyone thinks their ECs and personal statement are great - myself included lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I agree you're going to need to pick up that LSAT score at least to the 150's or higher. I wouldn't say it's impossible but it's definitely very unlikely even with a compelling PS and decent GPAs. 

You're basically coming to a black tie event with cargo shorts and flip flops. Maybe they'll let you in but you've already shown them that you're not ready.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gingerandtonic said:

Predicting Windsor requires a seance

Not in this case.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, acceptance said:

@SadNWO I applied for single J.D.

They asked for category: that means regular category, Indigenous, or special consideration*

*not sure what the exact terms are, but something to this effect 

4 minutes ago, acceptance said:

@Luckycharm no still referred to admissions committee. do you know if that is a good sign or if a rejection letter is just coming my way

I was rejected back in 2011 with much better stats. There may be something in your application that interested them. 

I don't predict Windsor. Your stats are very weak but Windsor is really unpredictable.

What is your B2 and L2?

@Luckycharm I am not sure what they are. I am still in third year university. I am thinking it is because i have been working at the crown attorneys office for 3 years.

I also feel like I would of gotten a rejection letter by now but I don't know

17 minutes ago, acceptance said:

@Luckycharm I am not sure what they are. I am still in third year university. I am thinking it is because i have been working at the crown attorneys office for 3 years.

I also feel like I would of gotten a rejection letter by now but I don't know

Anything can happen with Windsor. 

Good luck...

Losing my mind a little bit lol. Been referred for a few months now to the single JD, have been waitlisted on the Dual JD since March. Any thoughts on my chances..

cGPA - 2.8 (had some family issues first/second year which was explained)

L2/B2 - 3.55-3.6

LSAT - 159 

Worked part - time throughout university which is why I have some, but not a lot, of volunteering. 

On 2/28/2021 at 12:18 PM, acceptance said:

if i got a 143 and my GPA converted on a 4.0 scale is around a 2.9 but I have amazing references and strong PS.

What are my chances of getting in?

close to 0% - why apply with a 143?