Sign in to follow this  
Stabbo

What's the In-Firm Process Like? (2L Summer Student 2021)

Hi all,

I'm a new user here, but have been a long-time lurker! I was able to land a few in-firm interviews with bay st. firms, but I'm extremely new to the process, and was hoping to get some insights as to what to expect in terms of procedure.

So, obviously I've been through the OCIs, and I'm now at the in-firm stage. I heard that most (if not all) firms have some sort of social events as part of their in-firm assessment - e.g. dinners, lunches, breakfast, coffee - but seeing how everything is done virtually this year, I'm curious if there's a virtual equivalent for those social events.

Also, how many more interviews can I expect after the Tuesday in-firm one? Assuming I do end up acing the interview on Tuesday (speaking things into existence!!!), will my next interview happen on Wednesday or Thursday, or both?

Thanks in advance!

Some firms are replacing meals/receptions with 30 minute "coffee chats", either over the phone or video calls. For most large firms your second interview will not occur on the same day as your first. I know of at least one mid-size firm which has said they may invite candidates back for second interviews on the same day.

Having just gone through the whole OCI process, there is likely one more interview after and there could even be a fourth. Some firms have really laid back 3rd interviews where its basically a chat, sometimes with other students to see how you interact with them.