GoingLegal

Provisional Acceptance

Is a provisional acceptance enough to hold your spot in Ontario schools past their response deadline? Or do you have to fully accept?

Thanks! 

I believe provisional acceptances automatically go firm sometime in in June or July? But don't take my word for it, it should be on the olsas website

The short answer to your question is yes. 

If a school makes you an offer with, for example, an April 1st deadline, then a provisional acceptance will hold that spot for you after April 1st. 

If you don't take another provisional acceptance at another Ontario school, and you don't withdraw your provisional acceptance with the school in question, then it will automatically become firm July 1st. 

You can only provisionally accept one Ontario school at a time. If you've provisionally accepted one offer, and then receive another offer that you want to provisionally accept, you will lose the first offer as soon as you do. 

You will also most likely have a tuition deposit deadline sometime in early June. If you don't pay that then you will also lose your provisional acceptance. 

You should confirm all of this with both OLSAS and the individual schools though rather than taking my word for it.

• Like 1