CarisaC

Dying of Anticipation

Anyone else who hasn't received a decision notification yet dying of anticipation like me?!

Accepted, rejected, or waitlisted the anticipation is killing me and preoccupying my mind!!

• Like 8

thirded. I'm not proud of the way my body just responded when i checked my application and something looked different 😅(it was just an update on my request to change my email address)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I remind myself this is not productive and is actually a waste of time then I proceed to check again and again and again and again 😵

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Anyone else find it weird that there's been no acceptances since February 25th? All I've seen is waitlist and rejections 😬 (and yes, I am aware that this website isn't completely representative of all the people who applied/got accepted).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nuttycoffee22 said:

Anyone else find it weird that there's been no acceptances since February 25th? All I've seen is waitlist and rejections 😬 (and yes, I am aware that this website isn't completely representative of all the people who applied/got accepted).

I'm guessing they're taking their time due to the higher volume of applicants this year. There seems to be less movement for sure. Maybe we'll see a flood of accepts soon as a result?! Only time will tell.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nuttycoffee22 said:

I'm just freaked out by the silence in general -- but remaining as hopeful as I can :) 

• Like 3

I imagine more acceptances must be coming soon... from past threads it looks like they send approx. once a week 😬 (of course it’s only self-reported on this site.. but it seems pretty consistent).

• Like 3

Although the wait has been horrible for my anxiety, I will gladly rather wait than get a reject or waitlist.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NeverTooLate said:

Although the wait has been horrible for my anxiety, I will gladly rather wait than get a reject or waitlist.

I certainly agree! Another day with silence still means we are in the running! 

• Like 2

Does everyone in this thread status say 'we have sufficient documents to begin an evaluation of your file'?

• Like 7

Yup, those are the words I constantly check everyday on my application.

I know its not the healthiest, so I try to check just once in the evening :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/9/2021 at 2:39 PM, marsplastic said:

Does everyone in this thread status say 'we have sufficient documents to begin an evaluation of your file'?

Yup!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 11:39 AM, marsplastic said:

just wanted to give you some piece of mind: a friend of mine got accepted then sent me a pic of their portal to show me what it looked like. it is very obvious on the main page of the portal, and not underneath any of the buttons, like the "status" one that gives you the "sufficient documents" message. just so you know and aren't driving yourself crazy digging for changes :) 

• Like 7

It’s been over 3 weeks since the last “wave” of acceptances... what is going on 😩😩😩 my nerves can’t take it anymore

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, nuttycoffee22 said:

It’s been over 3 weeks since the last “wave” of acceptances... what is going on 😩😩😩 my nerves can’t take it anymore

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat, just opposite schools as you! Accepted to UofC but waiting for UofA. Fingers crossed for us 🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lilapen said:

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat, just opposite schools as you! Accepted to UofC but waiting for UofA. Fingers crossed for us 🤞

Wish we could trade! Fingers crossed we both hear back with good news soon 🤞

4 hours ago, nuttycoffee22 said:

Likely waiting for the March 31 deadline to pass

• Sad 1