m141312

Anyone who only took Jan LSAT heard back yet?

Title is self-explanatory. Has anyone heard back yet or know of anyone who has?

McGill explicitly warns people against the January LSAT... 

From their FAQ :

"Applications from candidates who register for the January LSAT will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee only when all required elements, including the January LSAT score, are received. Candidates who register for the January LSAT risk that, by the time the Committee reviews their application, there will no longer be a place to offer even if the Committee wishes to admit.

If you write the LSAT in November or January following the application deadline, the status of your application in Minerva will appear as “Items outstanding” until such time as the Admissions Office receives your LSAT results from LSAC. Please see the ‘Verify the status of your application on Minerva’ section of the Admission Process page for more information."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, artsydork said:

McGill explicitly warns people against the January LSAT... 

From their FAQ :

"Applications from candidates who register for the January LSAT will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee only when all required elements, including the January LSAT score, are received. Candidates who register for the January LSAT risk that, by the time the Committee reviews their application, there will no longer be a place to offer even if the Committee wishes to admit.

If you write the LSAT in November or January following the application deadline, the status of your application in Minerva will appear as “Items outstanding” until such time as the Admissions Office receives your LSAT results from LSAC. Please see the ‘Verify the status of your application on Minerva’ section of the Admission Process page for more information."

I've seen this on their website before applying - however my situation is a bit different. I basically was signed up for January and ended up cancelling my LSAT test date altogether early December, meaning my file was made ready for review once I cancelled it (about a month after applications were due). 

Still, technically my file was not ready once all other files were being assessed, but I was just trying to see whether or not those who took the LSAT in Jan had heard back as that could be an indicator to when I would (since mine has been RFR since early Dec). 

Hoping for the best!