the Ryerson admissions page says they look at the best 20 classes for gpa calculation, how important is the cGPA to them? If your best 20 is good but cGPA is really bad from first year how much can that affect admission? 

Hard to answer these kinds of questions given how new Ryerson is. There's just not a lot of data to work with. Anecdotally it does appear that they're weighing GPA more heavily than LSAT for example, but I don't think that there's any granular data breaking down cGPA vs B20.

This is by no means hard data confirming they care about cgpa, but I haven’t been offered admission with a ~3.7-3.8 B20 and a 168– my cgpa is 2.88.

I can’t say for sure they didn’t hate my interview or personal statement though lol 

any one else?

Edited by KRM
typo

11 hours ago, rebeccamtl said:

This is by no means hard data confirming they care about cgpa, but I haven’t been offered admission with a ~3.7-3.8 B20 and a 168– my cgpa is 2.88.

I can’t say for sure they didn’t hate my interview or personal statement though lol 

I hope you get accepted soon! If you don't mind me asking, what other schools did u apply too as well? 

13 hours ago, KRM said:

I hope you get accepted soon! If you don't mind me asking, what other schools did u apply too as well? 

U of T, McGill, Osgoode, Western, Queens, Ottawa, UNB, TRU and UBC!

I’m also a mature student! 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:20 AM, KRM said:

the Ryerson admissions page says they look at the best 20 classes for gpa calculation, how important is the cGPA to them? If your best 20 is good but cGPA is really bad from first year how much can that affect admission? 

I’m not sure if this is any help to you, but I emailed Ryerson in October specifically asking about whether they consider cGPA as well as the best 20. 

Their response:

“The CGPA is not taken into consideration in the assessment, only our calculated GPA.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, Doubey3 said:

I’m not sure if this is any help to you, but I emailed Ryerson in October specifically asking about whether they consider cGPA as well as the best 20. 

Their response:

“The CGPA is not taken into consideration in the assessment, only our calculated GPA.”

That's very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, Doubey3 said:

Their response:

Very helpful, thank you!

• Like 1