member123456

Admissions Update Email

Hey guys, 

Just thought I'd hop on here to hopefully ease some of the anxiety regarding timelines- I emailed the admissions committee and they let me know that applications should be reviewed sometime next week so there might be another wave on the way! 

• Like 7

Does this mean anyone who is currently stuck in “complete” will be reviewed next week and changed to “decision pending”? 

1 hour ago, rebeccamtl said:

Does this mean anyone who is currently stuck in “complete” will be reviewed next week and changed to “decision pending”? 

I think it may mean that people who are "pending decision" might hear back. I asked them about my application and Ive been "pending decision" for about a week now. 

2 hours ago, member123456 said:

I think it may mean that people who are "pending decision" might hear back. I asked them about my application and Ive been "pending decision" for about a week now. 

I've been Decision Pending for almost two months now... 😜

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

I've been Decision Pending for almost two months now... 😜

Hopefully some good news is coming our way! 

I thought I would bite the bullet and email asking when Admissions was hoping to have all decisions by and here was the reply:

"Your file was updated to Pending Decision yesterday. We are hoping that all applicants will learn if they are accepted, waitlisted, or declined by May."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not trying to be a bitch here but we have to stop bogging down admissions with these emails. They have tons of applicants this year. Unless you think there is actually some kind of problem with your application, it is not productive for them to be inundated with 25+ "when can I expect an update?" emails a day and especially when it is this early in the cycle. If it were July I would certainly understand but it is February and the first acceptance on this forum was January 21st.  

I am just as eager to get a decision as anyone else but I wouldn't doubt that part of the reason they're so delayed is they are fielding so many requests like this between actually updating our applications. Everyone needs to buckle down and be a bit more patient. 

• Like 3