Sign in to follow this  
jjdav

Do international students get decision notices later?

I applied from the US and have seen on the individual school forums that people with similar stats to me are being accepted. Does anyone know how being an international applicant would affect the decision timeline?

I don't think so, I think I've seen international students get accepted. But it could be that some adcomms have a separate committee for international decisions and they only meet a few times a month, or something. I know some schools have those for access and mature student decisions. 

21 hours ago, navyblue11 said:

I don't think so, I think I've seen international students get accepted. But it could be that some adcomms have a separate committee for international decisions and they only meet a few times a month, or something. I know some schools have those for access and mature student decisions. 

I think I may have created a perfect storm for myself, I'm also applying access. I hope you're right and ill try not to worry so much, thank you for the input!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I shall now apply all of the wisdom I have gained from reading this forum twelve hours a day every day since October to settle this issue once and for all. THE ONE TRUE GUIDE TO CHOOSING A LAW SCHOOL: Criterion #1: Go to school in the province where you want to work. This will help you build your network and minimize difficulties of changing jurisdictions where the laws may differ. Criterion #2: Minimize your debt. All Canadian law schools give you the same JD and all differences in outcome are due to individual differences among students. The fact that some schools have stronger or weaker students says nothing about the school itself, so you may as well just get the degree as cheap as possible. Therefore, without further ado, the one true objective ranking of Canadian schools: If you want to work in BC: 1. UVic 2. UBC 3. TRU If you want to work in Alberta: 1. U of A 2. U of C (might be the better choice if you're dead-set on Calgary). If you want to work in Saskatchewan: U of S If you want to work in Manitoba: U of M If you want to work in Ontario: Anywhere but U of T. Lakehead for anywhere north of Sudbury. Only go to Ryerson as a last resort. If you want to work in New Brunswick: UNB if you speak English, Moncton if you speak French. If you want to work in Nova Scotia: Dal. If you want to work in PEI: UNB (see criterion #2). If you want to work in Newfoundland: Wait for Memorial. If you want to work in the North: Haha no you don't. If you want to work in the States: T6 if you can, T7-14 if you must.
    • TRU regularly participates in Vancouver OCIs, Interior BC OCIs, Calgary OCIs, and Edmonton OCIs. TRU is participating in Toronto OCIs for this 2020-21 year because they're being conducted virtually. There is no word yet as to whether TRU will continue to participate in Toronto OCIs in the future. There are TRU grads all over the country, but they're concentrated in Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Here are some questions for OP to consider: Would you rather live in Kamloops or or Saskatoon for 3 years? USask tuition is ~$15,000/year while TRU is $20,000/year. Is that $5000/year savings significant for you?
    • This is why I stuck to Econ and never took Sociology. Although it is worth pointing out to OP (not sure what party he/she volunteered for, but just in case) that just because Sociology profs are that crazy doesn't necessarily mean law school adcoms will be the same.
    • Hard to answer these kinds of questions given how new Ryerson is. There's just not a lot of data to work with. Anecdotally it does appear that they're weighing GPA more heavily than LSAT for example, but I don't think that there's any granular data breaking down cGPA vs B20.
    • the Ryerson admissions page says they look at the best 20 classes for gpa calculation, how important is the cGPA to them? If your best 20 is good but cGPA is really bad from first year how much can that affect admission?