Lewllmao

Chance me: CGPA: 3.62-3.63, L2/B2: 3.88, B3: 3.77, LSAT:162

What are my chances at Western, Queens, Ottawa, Uoft, Osgoode, Ryerson, Windsor, and Lakehead? 

I also have weak Ec's and CR/NCR'd 3 courses in my last 2 courses. Do you think those things will negatively impact my chances? If so, by how much? 

Has anyone gotten accepted in this years cycle with CR/NCR courses in their last 2 years? 

Thank you :) 

I can't speak to the impact of having 3 CR / NCR credits will have on your applications this cycle, although with the impact of COVID I suspect any impact will be negligible. 

Given your stats I'd expect you to get an offer somewhere. 

Posted (edited)

Your B2 will get you pretty far. I think law schools are starting to learn that a 170+ LSAT isn't actually that strong an indicator of future success. I have a lot of friends who scored in the low 160s who are near the top of my class, and many others who scored in the 170s who are struggling to stay afloat. Anecdotally, the people I know who tend to perform the best have really strong undergrad grades, a curious mind, and a healthy work ethic. I think your best two convey that, though it would be helpful to know whether those B2 were earlier or later in undergrad. Law schools LOVE seeing progression. My first year undergrad wasn't that competitive, my last year was quite so. It seems your B2 are competitive anywhere, including McGill, U of T, etc. Were they your last two years? If so, I'd say you have a reasonable, if not slam dunk, shot at U of T and Osgoode, and highly reasonable chance at the rest.

On the other hand, if your B2 were earlier on, and you do not have a good explanation for the downward regression, your case gets harder. I would say that, either way, crafting a strong narrative about yourself is imperative, regardless of where you apply. At U of T, the soft application (CV, essay, etc.) is actually weighted to account for a third of their decision. The soft application doesn't necessarily mean having big ECs. If you had a job or familial responsibilities, that looks equally good to schools, and especially good to firms when you apply to the recruit down the road. 

All that is to say, I need a bit more info, but I'd expect you to get a call at least at places like Western.

Edited by UTorontoLit

I used 2 CR/NCR (both half year courses) in my final semester (Jan-April last year) and got into Queens and Ottawa with lower stats (CGPA 3.58 B2 3.77 - 3.81 ish LSAT 161) so I think you should be good for those two