capitalttruth

MAG Interview Preparation - Crown Law Office (Criminal)

I got a call today from the Ministry of the Attorney General - Crown Law Office (Criminal) for the Aboriginal Law Summer Student program. This was a position I really hoped I would be given contention for, as it is an area of law I have fallen in love with and I've always wanted to work for gov. 

I know that there has been discussion about how to prepare for MAG interviews, I believe there is an Excel spreadsheet floating around this forum with tips on how to prepare. However, I was wondering if anyone who has worked for the Crown Law Office (Criminal) can shed some light on how to prepare. In addition, I'm wondering that because this interview is part of a highly specific recruitment process, will the interview procedures that MAG is known to use be the same? Has anyone who has been accepted to the Aboriginal Law Summer Student program before share what the interview process was like?

I really want to do well in the interview, so I want to prepare as much as I can. Thanks alot!

I received a call as well for the same program and would appreciate any advice! Also @capitalttruth did you get and ITC and/or follow up email after your call? I did not get either and am wondering if I should do a follow up with them sometime tomorrow or they just send out interview confirmation emails late.  

Hi, I got an interview too. I didn't receive a confirmation yet @vvvv12345. Would also appreciate any advice on this program! Wondering how much of the interview will be centred around crim law v. aboriginal law.. or perhaps most of the questions will touch upon correlations between the two? Anyways looking forward to any advice.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 2:46 PM, capitalttruth said:

I got a call today from the Ministry of the Attorney General - Crown Law Office (Criminal) for the Aboriginal Law Summer Student program. This was a position I really hoped I would be given contention for, as it is an area of law I have fallen in love with and I've always wanted to work for gov. 

I know that there has been discussion about how to prepare for MAG interviews, I believe there is an Excel spreadsheet floating around this forum with tips on how to prepare. However, I was wondering if anyone who has worked for the Crown Law Office (Criminal) can shed some light on how to prepare. In addition, I'm wondering that because this interview is part of a highly specific recruitment process, will the interview procedures that MAG is known to use be the same? Has anyone who has been accepted to the Aboriginal Law Summer Student program before share what the interview process was like?

I really want to do well in the interview, so I want to prepare as much as I can. Thanks alot!

On 2/22/2021 at 8:30 PM, vvvv12345 said:

I received a call as well for the same program and would appreciate any advice! Also @capitalttruth did you get and ITC and/or follow up email after your call? I did not get either and am wondering if I should do a follow up with them sometime tomorrow or they just send out interview confirmation emails late.  

On 2/22/2021 at 9:48 PM, yusjl said:

Hi, I got an interview too. I didn't receive a confirmation yet @vvvv12345. Would also appreciate any advice on this program! Wondering how much of the interview will be centred around crim law v. aboriginal law.. or perhaps most of the questions will touch upon correlations between the two? Anyways looking forward to any advice.

How'd it go everyone? Congrats to you all on the interviews!

1 hour ago, LessLagalesePls said:

How'd it go everyone? Congrats to you all on the interviews!

Just a reminder that I don't think we can discuss the specifics of it today yet since they are still holding interviews tomorrow. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lawstudent300 said:

Just a reminder that I don't think we can discuss the specifics of it today yet since they are still holding interviews tomorrow. 

I meant more generally, but this is good to note for all! 

I found it pretty intense!  How about everyone else? 

15 hours ago, liluzi said:

I found it pretty intense!  How about everyone else? 

I would agree! They weren't wrong when they said substantive lol!

One question tripped me up, and others I felt like I was rambling. 

Did they say they would send out offers at 5pm or by 5pm today? Can't remember what they told me.

1 hour ago, capitalttruth said:

One question tripped me up, and others I felt like I was rambling. 

Did they say they would send out offers at 5pm or by 5pm today? Can't remember what they told me.

They will be following the LSO recruitment procedures so they are permitted to send out offers starting at 5PM today! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lawstudentmikescott said:

Do you think they send rejection letters too?

Nah I don't think so.

Just now, capitalttruth said:

Sounds good. Thanks for reaching out and filling me in.

I'll try again next year.

To clarify, my offer was not with the Crown Law Office Criminal!

2 minutes ago, LessLagalesePls said:

To clarify, my offer was not with the Crown Law Office Criminal!

No I know, I didn't interview with the CLOC - just for the ALSSP in general. I knew something went south during the interview.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Sounds good. Thanks for reaching out and filling me in.

I'll try again next year.

I've been following your journey pre-law school and I just want to say that I admire your perseverance and determination.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aschenbach said:

I've been following your journey pre-law school and I just want to say that I admire your perseverance and determination.

Thank you!