Sign in to follow this  
Kvp

Should I cancel my score?

Hi guys.

I am going to be applying to Windsor and Western next cycle. 

LSAT: 158

cGPA: 3.8

L2: 4.0

B3: 4.0

Here is my situation. I wrote the Feb LSAT after scoring 163+ on my last 20 practice tests. I have the stomach flu but decided to write anyway and give it my best shot. Bad idea. I could barely focus during the exam because I felt so tired. I could not finish a logic game and immediately lost 5 points right there. Had to plug in random answers. I usually go -1 on logic games. Sad times.

I am 90% positive that I scored below 158 this time around. Hoping for a miracle but I don’t think there are miracles when it comes to the LSAT lol.

If you were in my position, would you cancel? How will Windsor and Western view a cancelled score on the second attempt?

Windsor is my first choice by far because their values are directly in line with my academic/volunteer/employment experiences.

thanks guys

42 minutes ago, Kvp said:

Hi guys.

I am going to be applying to Windsor and Western next cycle. 

LSAT: 158

cGPA: 3.8

L2: 4.0

B3: 4.0

Here is my situation. I wrote the Feb LSAT after scoring 163+ on my last 20 practice tests. I have the stomach flu but decided to write anyway and give it my best shot. Bad idea. I could barely focus during the exam because I felt so tired. I could not finish a logic game and immediately lost 5 points right there. Had to plug in random answers. I usually go -1 on logic games. Sad times.

I am 90% positive that I scored below 158 this time around. Hoping for a miracle but I don’t think there are miracles when it comes to the LSAT lol.

If you were in my position, would you cancel? How will Windsor and Western view a cancelled score on the second attempt?

Windsor is my first choice by far because their values are directly in line with my academic/volunteer/employment experiences.

thanks guys

Don’t cancel! I’m not an expert but I think you’re in for both schools

• Like 1

Just now, Terracycle said:

Don’t cancel! I’m not an expert but I think you’re in for both schools

Thanks for your reply. Writing while ill was a really dumb decision. I remember finishing RC passages and feeling like I just couldn’t retain anything. I think worst case I scored in the low 150s and best case 157/58. 

I am pretty sure Windsor considers all LSAT scores but I could be wrong. Won’t it look really lousy to see 158 and then 152 (or who knows what)?

thanks so much for your time 

Sorry guys. I just realized that my original post was unclear. 

**I scored 158 back in November. I just wrote the LSAT again today but it was horrible. The exam from today is the one I am considering cancelling because I am afraid that Windsor/Western will see this decline and look down upon it 

46 minutes ago, Kvp said:

Sorry guys. I just realized that my original post was unclear. 

**I scored 158 back in November. I just wrote the LSAT again today but it was horrible. The exam from today is the one I am considering cancelling because I am afraid that Windsor/Western will see this decline and look down upon it 

Don't bother

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Like 1

Don't cancel. 

Personally the second time I wrote the LSAT I was positive that I'd tanked it. I had a mini-breakdown during one of the sections and guessed for about half of them. I was positive my score would be awful, but it was mid-160s, because unbeknownst to me I'd aced the other sections. I've seen similar anecdotes on this page. Windsor and Western take your highest LSAT, so there's nothing to gain by cancelling. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Don't bother. You may get an offer before the scores are release.

Thanks for your reply. I am actually not planning to apply to Windsor and Western until next cycle. As it stands I have an LSAT score of 158 but say I end up getting a 155 or even lower on my second test, which I wrote today. Do you think this will be looked down upon? 

35 minutes ago, LawBlaw2019 said:

Don't cancel. 

Personally the second time I wrote the LSAT I was positive that I'd tanked it. I had a mini-breakdown during one of the sections and guessed for about half of them. I was positive my score would be awful, but it was mid-160s, because unbeknownst to me I'd aced the other sections. I've seen similar anecdotes on this page. Windsor and Western take your highest LSAT, so there's nothing to gain by cancelling. 

This is really comforting to hear, thank you. I know I definitely lost 6 marks on logic games, maybe even 7... and I flagged 10 RC questions. It was just a mess. Beating myself up for even attempting to write today.

Do you still think I should refrain from cancelling? Did you have a lot of questions flagged in your other sections? 

18 minutes ago, JusticeLordDenning said:

Since you're applying next cycle, have you considered UfT? improving your LSAT by a few points would make a major difference as your B3 is killer 

I am really hoping to study at Windsor or Western but I know U of T is an amazing school. At this point I would like to avoid writing the LSAT again but I will do so if I have to! Thanks for your reply 

16 minutes ago, Kvp said:

Thanks for your reply. I am actually not planning to apply to Windsor and Western until next cycle. As it stands I have an LSAT score of 158 but say I end up getting a 155 or even lower on my second test, which I wrote today. Do you think this will be looked down upon? 

Refrain from cancelling. When I did my August LSAT I thought I failed RC bc of nerves and ended up scoring a 167. Unless you did not answer a significant amount of questions, I would not cancel. Double check with the schools you are applying to regarding their LSAT policies but generally they place the most emphasis on your highest score. Worst case scenario you can just re-take the LSAT again before you apply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kvp said:

This is really comforting to hear, thank you. I know I definitely lost 6 marks on logic games, maybe even 7... and I flagged 10 RC questions. It was just a mess. Beating myself up for even attempting to write today.

Do you still think I should refrain from cancelling? Did you have a lot of questions flagged in your other sections? 

Yes I stand by my statement. I'm not saying you definitely did well/better than your last score but I maintain that unless you left the bubble sheet blank there is a possibility. It sounds like you're unhappy with your current 158 so the way I see it there are two potential outcomes: 1. The test you wrote today is sub-158, in which case you'll write again and it doesn't matter, or 2. The test you wrote today is higher than 158 and (hopefully) you're satisfied enough to not re-write. I see no negative unless you apply to a school that average LSATs, which I think only 1 or 2 Canadian schools do??

Edit: sorry, missed the last part. I think I felt confident about the other sections but to be honest I can't remember. It was a couple years ago.

Edited by LawBlaw2019
  • Like 1

Hey guys! Thank-you to everyone who has taken the time to reply. I really appreciate your help.

I contacted Windsor to ask their opinion RE me having a 158 alongside a cancelled VS a super low score. This was the reply I received:

"The Admissions Committee will review your current official LSAT score report, which includes all LSAT scores written in the previous 5 years."

So yeah.. I am not really sure if this means that a cancelled score is better than seeing, say, a 152.. I have no clue which is worse in this case