AI13

Provisional acceptance question

Does anybody know when the $500 non-refundable deposit is due if you decide to opt for a provisional acceptance (one would essentially be waiting till July 1st before finalizing the provisional acceptance, but the $500 non-refundable deposit is due June 1st). Do we essentially lose out on $500 if we wait past June during a provisional acceptance?

17 hours ago, AI13 said:

Does anybody know when the $500 non-refundable deposit is due if you decide to opt for a provisional acceptance (one would essentially be waiting till July 1st before finalizing the provisional acceptance, but the $500 non-refundable deposit is due June 1st). Do we essentially lose out on $500 if we wait past June during a provisional acceptance?

Yes you'd still have to pay your deposit by June 1st, and will lose it if you receive and accept another offer in June. Whether an offer is accepted provisionally or firmly will have no bearing on the deposit due date.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I brought up sociology because it’s the area of life where this tends to occur and there doesn’t seem to be an equivalent on the right in university or else I would use them as an example as well. It helps illustrate my point, which is that I wouldn’t take the chance because there is a possibility of being rejected and it would tend to be by people who use similar theories as those in sociology. It helps show that there is an air of reality to saying one shouldn’t risk it, I say this because there may be some people who completely exclude this possibility. I also think it depends on how borderline you are, for me my gpa is very high (still waiting on the LSAT) and I would be paranoid because my GPA (excluding the LSAT) would be good enough to get in so I don’t think a personal statement would get me into law school just have the chance of eliminating me (this is assuming my LSAT will be average or better for the entering class). 
    • If this is true (something tells me you’re exaggerating), its not at all representative. I did a BA, and I’m sympathetic to the point that BAs are generally easier to get higher GPAs in (if I did an engineering degree, I’d probably fail out) - but every single one of my Sociology/Poli Sci classes throughout my degree had a class average in the low 70s or lower. Pretty sure that’s completely standard. It’s just not the case that they’re tossing out As to everyone who enrols.
    • I'm wondering why you keep bringing up sociology. Do you think its particularly relevant to law school in some way? I understand your point about people's biases, but I do not think I agree that it is very relevant to the scenario. I think law faculty are comprised of very intelligent people who are aware of their own biases and can set them aside when reviewing applicants. Anecdotally I know a decent amount of law students from across the political spectrum in many schools. Some of them are conservative in social justice-oriented schools, some are very liberal in more conservative schools. I've listened to the podcast hosted by the deans of Yale and Harvard's law schools. Both agreed that they actively try to create ideologically diverse classes to prevent lectures from being echo chambers and to promote debate. I went to an event hosted by admissions officers at my uni shortly before covid where they made similar remarks. So I understand the point you are trying to make, but I respectfully disagree.
    • In queue as of Feb 19th  cGPA (OLSAS): 3.65 L2: 3.84 (undergrad), 3.9 (masters) LSAT: 168 (Jan) 
    • From my understanding, it depends on the firm, but generally at the end of the day Tuesday (or occasionally earlier in the day depending on when you interview) firms will email you and let you know whether they’d like you to come back for another interview Wednesday. Most firms that don’t want another interview will let you know that night as well (similar to OCI PFOs). Thursday is seen as a more informal interview day, and would likely consist of shorter coffee-chat type calls (normally these would be breakfast receptions/lunches, but different because it’s virtual this year). I hope this is helpful!