Jperl5553

154 lsat and a 3.55 cgpa

Hi guys.

I have applied to law schools this cycle and was wondering what my chances are of getting in. My Olsas cgpa is 3.55 B/2 = 3.66 and B/3= 3.6. I took the August and October Lsat flex. First one I got a 153, second a 154. This was pretty frustrating because I was getting between 157-160 pretty consistently before I wrote the second. I Know my chances at most schools are not great because of my lsat but I am wondering about UNB or UofS or Dal? I am halfway through my last semester of university and want to know if I should just assume I am not going to get in anywhere and get a tutor immediately after I graduate or if I should just work while I wait to hear back and if necessary, start studying for the lsat again in June or July. I currently have a job that has decent pay that could help me save some money (money is a factor because I may be getting engaged within the next year and law school is expensive!). Regardless of what happened, I am hell bent on becoming a lawyer, it is simply a matter of figuring out which plan is best. 

also, if it turns out you think I should start studying as soon as I graduate (I want to focus solely on getting good grades in my last semester), any tips about how to best study for the Lsat would be appreciated (I took a prep course last year and self-studied for 3 months).   

I wouldn't assume you aren't going to get in this year. Do you have any connection to the Maritimes or Sask? Any special considerations? EC's? It's so hard to say 100% and I am around the same stats as you and I feel like I am on that borderline point as well.

I used 7Sage for about 1 month half-heartedly (working 3 jobs while studying) and managed a 5 point increase from Nov to Jan. I really enjoyed the curriculum and feel like I retained way more information than during my few months of self-study. I know if I don't get in this cycle I would probably re-subscribe to them for a longer period and dedicate more time to studying and expect another few point increase.

Hi, thanks for responding!

I unfortunately have no connections to the Maritimes or Sask. I don't have any special considerations either. I do have some EC's. I have been involved with a club on campus, Exec team for 2 years and President for one.  I also did some running with a coach. I was also the music coordinator for the junior high ministry at my church for a year. I was also a semi finalist in a mock trial I was part of a mentorship program for first years in my program ( I mentored a student). So I do have some EC's going for me, just not sure how good they are relative to everyone else. 

and ok I have not tried 7sage yet. Maybye I should consider using them. 

Edited by Jperl5553