thebiggershort

General Timeline Question

Hi everyone, I'm a fourth year undergrad student and I am planning on applying to law school for the Sep 2022 admit term. My GPA is not the best so I was planning on completing a dual degree at my school (it would only add an extra year and I will graduate in May '22 instead of May'21). I was wondering whether law schools will factor in my Winter 2022 marks for my CGPA and L2 when I am applying for the September 2022  admit term. I mainly plan on applying to Ontario schools + Dal, Calgary & UBC. Thanks in advance!

From what I remember, they only look at full year grades, so your fall and winter grades for 2021/2022 won’t count. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thebiggershort said:

Hi everyone, I'm a fourth year undergrad student and I am planning on applying to law school for the Sep 2022 admit term. My GPA is not the best so I was planning on completing a dual degree at my school (it would only add an extra year and I will graduate in May '22 instead of May'21). I was wondering whether law schools will factor in my Winter 2022 marks for my CGPA and L2 when I am applying for the September 2022  admit term. I mainly plan on applying to Ontario schools + Dal, Calgary & UBC. Thanks in advance!

We can help you more if you don't mind posting your GPA. B2 and L2 . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blackwidow said:

From what I remember, they only look at full year grades, so your fall and winter grades for 2021/2022 won’t count. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong. 

Some schools do. I know dal will include you fall grades in your L2 calculation (so it ends up being "last two and a half years" lol). Other schools may not consider it in the official L2 calculation, but they will look at them when reviewing the application. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blackwidow said:

Oh wow thanks for sharing, I wasn't aware of this. I actually checked up on Western's(one of the school's that are higher on my list) website and it seems to echo what you and culitigator have said. I've attached a link for any future reference.
https://law.uwo.ca/future_students/jd_admissions/admissions_FAQ/grades_and_courses.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

We can help you more if you don't mind posting your GPA. B2 and L2 . 

Thanks, I am projected to finish the school year with a cGPA of 3.11 and a B2/L2 of 3.41-3.45. But as I mentioned before I think if I take an extra year for my dual degree I can get that up to a cGPA of 3.25 and B2/L2 of 3.8-4.0.

Western

If you apply to law school in your final year of university, we are likely to include your Fall term in the calculation of your “Last 2” years OR we may defer our final decision until your winter term grades arrive and include your entire fourth year in the “Last 2” calculation

You need 3.7+ for L2 and B2 schools

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Like 1